We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or in our Toronto office - it’s up to you.
At Veeva, each software release is highly scrutinized to meet the demands of our customers. As a Performance Engineer, you'll have a key role in our product’s success. You will work with developers to test and optimize Veeva’s software prior to its release and monitor and troubleshoot performance issues in production. You will work with product management to get direct exposure to the usage patterns we strive to satisfy. This is a technical and hands-on role for someone who is adept at gathering and analyzing performance data and finding the root cause of performance bottlenecks.
What You'll Do
- Define, develop and achieve performance/scalability benchmarks for Veeva products
- Efficiently work with various performance measurement and profiling tools such as Yourkit and JMeter to identify performance and concurrency bottlenecks
- Collaborate with members of the Engineering team to solve performance problems
- Monitor production performance and investigate issues
- Develop tools to automate performance monitoring
- 3+ years of experience in Performance Engineering and Benchmarking
- Proficiency with Java, MySQL, and scripting tools such as Python and Shell scripting
- Extensive hands-on experience with performance engineering, including the use of JMeter, LoadRunner, or similar tools, as well as profiling tools
- Ability to find the root cause of performance bottlenecks with profiling tools
- Expert in distributed computing systems and stack
- Comfortable with Linux, Docker, AWS, GIT, in terms of both tools and systems administration
- Engineer Perspective: 3 Reasons to Consider Veeva
- Engineering at Veeva
Nice to Have
- Understanding of modern database systems such as Redshift and search tools such as SOLR
Perks & Benefits
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Annual budget to donate to the non-profit of your choice
- Health & wellness programs
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]