This role is focused on driving high conversion leads for the flagship GitKraken product: a Git graphical user interface (GUI) that enables software developers to manage their source code in a visual, intuitive way. Git is the fastest growing—and now most widely-used—version control system in the world; millions of developers have already experienced the powerful benefits that GitKraken provides: drastically reducing the steep learning curve that comes along with Git and enabling them to be more efficient with their time. GitKraken makes Git easier, safer and more powerful so devs can focus on writing great code, not the overhead of managing that code.
We’re expanding the digital marketing team to include a Demand Generation Marketer who will play a critical role in driving interest and excitement for GitKraken software products to attract and retain customers, as well as drive revenue. The ideal candidate will have experience marketing SaaS products to technical audiences. You’ll need to be able to develop a deep understanding of the GitKraken products and user/buyer personas. You’ll be an expert in both inbound and outbound marketing tactics, as well as digital marketing channels — particularly SEO, SEM, SEA and email marketing. You’ll have expertise in lead generation, analytics and email marketing.
If you’re ready to bring your understanding of digital marketing and the software development industry to a company with high growth goals, we want to hear from you. This role is currently a hybrid of remote and in-person at our Scottsdale, HQ.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in marketing, business or a related field.
- 3-5 years experience working in digital marketing.
- Hands-on experience with advertising platforms such as Google AdWords, and ad buying.
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in using Google Analytics
- Ability to effectively leverage Google Tag Manager and Google Data Studio
- Technically competent and up to date with modern marketing automation techniques and tools like HubSpot.
- Direct experience with writing ad and landing page copy.
- End to end understanding of the advertising process, campaign set up, tracking, optimization, and attribution.
- Strong organizational skills, high attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
- Excellent project management skills with a proven track record to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of on-page and technical SEO techniques.
- Experience with SEO tools to conduct keyword research and create high-traffic, high-converting content.
- Strong quantitative skills and the ability to analyze data and make data driven decisions.
- Ability to clearly communicate and build strong relationships within a team.
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to adapt to varied situations, quickly adjust to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines.
- Strong collaborator who seeks out cross-functional feedback and input to build comprehensive strategies.
- Self-starter who enjoys technical challenges and embraces new opportunities.
- Thoughtful problem solver, curious by nature, and willing to tackle challenges independently.
- Develop and execute short- and long-term multi-channel campaigns to drive leads and the sales pipeline.
- Lead A/B testing strategies and execution across all channels.
- Monitor and optimize campaigns and programs.
- Develop customer personas.
- Know the company’s brand and products inside and out.
- Assist in content development to target consumers throughout the customer lifecycle.
- Work within a team of digital marketing professionals and collaborate with other departments, like customer success to develop and enhance strategies.
- Clearly convey the tactics and business goals associated with your demand generation strategies to coworkers and senior leadership.
- Identify new markets and advertising tactics to encourage business growth.
- Assist with demand generation budgeting and forecasts.
- Measure and analyze campaign and marketing success.
- Deliver performance reports to leadership.
- Own and optimize our paid marketing strategy.
- Support our organic acquisition strategy by leveraging a mix of content driven SEO and programmatic SEO to drive demand and revenue.
- Manage end-to-end campaign lifecycle: ideate new campaigns, build, test, optimize, report
- Analyze data from multiple sources (Google Analytics, HubSpot, ad platforms and more) to uncover new opportunities for growth.
- Test and experiment aggressively to find winning tactics and strategies to grow our digital channels.
- You have experience working with SaaS products and/or marketing to highly technical audiences.
- You have experience with Git and GitKraken.
- You have familiarity with software development tools and technologies.
- Google Ads
- Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
- Google Data Studio
- Google Suite: Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc.
- HubSpot CRM and Marketing Automation
- WordPress CMS
- GitKraken Boards for Task Tracking & Project Management
- Slack for Internal Communication
- Ubersuggest for SEO
- SEMRush for SEO
- Tableau for data analysis
- Hybrid remote and in-office
MKT001 - Marketing