Shift Days: Sunday - Wednesday; Shift Hours: 9:00AM-7:30PM
R1 RCM Inc. is a leading provider of technology-enabled revenue cycle management services which transform and solve challenges across health systems, hospitals and physician practices. Headquartered in Chicago, R1® is a publicly-traded organization with employees throughout the US and international locations.
Our mission is to be the one trusted partner to manage revenue, so providers and patients can focus on what matters most. Our priority is to always do what is best for our clients, patients and each other. With our proven and scalable operating model, we complement a healthcare organization’s infrastructure, quickly driving sustainable improvements to net patient revenue and cash flows while reducing operating costs and enhancing the patient experience.
The Patient Access Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the daily operations of the assigned Patient Access areas.??? This person will perform a variety of administrative and leadership tasks.
- Serve as the training liaison for new hires
- Be responsive to requests, questions, and process flow decisions for assigned team and clinical teams that interact with Patient Access
- Coordinate patient access activities, such as pre-registration, registration, and onsite financial clearance, if needed
- Provide input to assist management in establishing and implementing goals for the department
- Serve as a liaison between clinical and administrative areas to ensure sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements and complete end of shift report
- In coordination with the Supervisor, responsible for running various reports for management review and distribution as directed
- In coordination with the Supervisor, collect, coordinate, update, prepare and maintain various types of data for assigned area(s)
- Assist in other responsibilities as needed
- High School Diploma or Equivalent from accredited program
- At least three years of experience supporting hospital staff
- Ability to work with multiple lines of leadership
- Must have work experience with Microsoft office products including PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Word
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Medical Terminology knowledge is preferred
- At least 3 years of experience supporting a Manager or Director in a Hospital setting
- Ability to record and transcribe meeting minutes
- Knowledge of revenue cycle, patient access, patient registration systems
Working in an evolving healthcare setting, we use our shared expertise to deliver innovative solutions. Our fast-growing team has opportunities to learn and grow through rewarding interactions, collaboration and the freedom to explore professional interests.
Our associates are given valuable opportunities to contribute, innovate and create meaningful work that makes an impact in the communities we serve around the world. We also offer a culture of excellent that drives customer success and improves patient care. We believe in giving back to the community and offer a competitive benefits package. To learn more, visit R1RCM.com
R1 RCM Inc. (“the Company”) is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. The Company’s practices and employment decisions, including those regarding recruitment, hiring, assignment, promotion, compensation, benefits, training, discipline, and termination shall not be based on any person’s age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the Company is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment based on any of the foregoing protected categories.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the job application process, please contact us at 312-496-7709 for assistance.