What will be your role?
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) Washintgon, DC Metropolitan Area will be responsible to lead the company’s efforts to expand and maintain relationships with Authorized System Integrator Clients and Distributor customers. You will have the strategic function of developing sales in the geographic area of Washington, DC Metropolitan area (or sales territory). To build business, you will forge special relationships with the Company’s customers. You will establish strategic partnerships and be always seeking to build the loyalty of the customer towards the organization. The RSM wins, maintains, and expands relationships with assigned channel Clients. Through customers based on geography, channel, or market, the RSM is responsible for achieving sales, profitability, and Client recruitment objectives. You will represent the entire range of company products and services to assigned Clients though may focus on a specific product or solution set if focused in a Client vertical market. The RSM reports directly to the Regional Director of Sales.
How you will contribute:
- Identify and develop relationships with new key authorized systems integrators in the region and establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel in existing Client accounts.
- Coordinates the involvement of Company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet Client performance objectives and Clients’ expectations.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned Client accounts.
- Proactively leads a joint Client business planning process that develops mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive Client relationship. Develops and implements the critical account planning and account management tools to achieve key performance indicators for the region.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates Client needs on an ongoing basis.
- Sells through Client organizations to end users and influencers in coordination with Client sales resources.
- Promotes Distech in the market, including working with Consulting Engineers to get Distech specified on projects.
- Manages potential channel conflict with other firm sales channels by fostering excellent communication internally and externally, and through strict adherence to channel rules of engagement.
- Provide leading energy efficiency solutions that best address end-users needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary Company and Client personnel. This will eventually include creating opportunities to sell and market any and all appropriate Acuity products.
- In collaboration with Sales Support resources, leads new product promotion and adoption in Client channel.
- Ensures Client compliance with Client agreements.
- Drives adoption of Company programs among assigned Clients.
- Maintains accurate tracking of leads and opportunities utilizing the CRM.
- Proactively recruits and qualifies new channel Clients.
Accountabilities and Performance Measures
- Achieves assigned sales quota in designated Client accounts.
- Meets assigned expectations for profitability.
- Completes Client account plans that meet company standards.
- Maintains high Client satisfaction ratings that meet company standards.
- Completes required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame.
- Ability to influence at all levels in an organization, from the owner, to the sales person, to the technicians.
- The potential to assume positions of greater impact and complexity over time is required.
- A mindset that balances both strategy and innovation with direct and successful execution is critical.
- Earns a reputation for utilizing innovative approaches in complex markets, ultimately executing for revenue and market share growth
Qualified Applicants will have:
- Must live in and have a minimum of 5 years of Sales Management experience in the Washington, DC Metropolitan market.
- Four years University or College degree from an accredited institution or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of HVAC and/or Building Automation System channel
- Sales management experience in a business-to-business environment.
- Exceptional written, oral communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task and handle various priorities.
- Personal computer proficiency and excels in MS Office Applications.
- Extensive experience and capability to speak “up and down” the channel/construction cycle (designers, manufacturers, engineering firms, general contractors, etc.)
- Experienced in a company that manufactures and markets technically complex controls products through a variety of distribution channels.
Job Requirements and Working Conditions
- This position requires extensive travel. The employee must hold a valid driver’s license.
- The employee shall hold a valid passport.
- This position may require the employee to maintain a home based office.
- Base salary and Sales Incentive Plan.