REPORTS TO: President
LOCATION: Corporate Office
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time, Exempt
HOURS: Full Time, M - F, 8A - 5P
The Chief Information Officer manages and directs a department that supports multiple Blusky locations onsite and remotely throughout the United States. This position reports to the President and will be a member of Executive Leadership Team helping driving results of the business. Establishes a multi-year vision and strategic plan for the divisions, optimizes resource allocation, and ensures that the department accomplishes annual goals and strategic initiatives in a fast-growing acquisitive company.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Represents the positions, initiatives, and interests with a focus on the delivery of superior customer service; ensures staff is sufficiently knowledgeable and dynamic regarding customer service protocols and performance expectations.
- Works with the management team to recommend short and long-term precedent-setting decisions impacting BluSky and to recommend strategic initiatives, goals, and objectives for the department.
- Directs the performance of the department as related to the department’s strategic plan, and the associated department and division level key performance indicators (KPIs). Develops and implements strategies for optimizing performance with the goal of meeting or exceeding the established KPI performance benchmarks.
- Work closely with the executive team to evaluate and integrate acquisitions.
- Works with the management team to develop and establish standards, procedures, systems and guidelines for the department’s areas of responsibility. Provides expertise and consultative guidance to internal and external stakeholders.
- Recommends and implements policies, programs, operating procedures, and practices for the department.
- Oversees and maintains network and system security for the entire company.
- Anticipates future infrastructure needs and identifies proactive solutions.
- Oversees the management of the company's telephone system and implements company-wide upgrades.
- Effectively manages operating costs. Ensures all budgets remain at or below established targets.
- Coaches, mentors, and challenges staff. Champions continuous improvement, including devising new strategies and new opportunities. Leads staff development initiatives that include training, development, and succession planning. Establishes performance expectations and standards for all levels of employees to achieve or exceed performance metrics and to prepare employees for the future.
Directs and supervises multiple individual contributors – IT Directors, IT Specialist, IT Application Support, and possibly others.
COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Expert level knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange, Networking, VOIP, Microsoft suite of products, ERP and CRM systems, and server and network hardware
- Strong knowledge of SQL, IIS, Apache
- Prior experience with Viewpoint CS, Xactimate, and SalesForce are highly preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills and communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, management, employees, vendors, and the public.
- Deciding & Initiating Action - Takes responsibility for actions, projects, and people; makes quick, clear decisions which may include tough choices, after considering risks.
- Delivering Results - Sets high standards for quality, quantity, and timelines. Focuses on internal customer needs and satisfaction. Consistently achieves project goals.
- Communication & Influence - Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating. Makes effective use of communication.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
Ten (10) years of management level work experience which must have included managing subordinate supervisors.
- Three (3) year of management experience must include budget and fiscal oversight responsibility, evaluation of business processes, and policy and decision-making experience with planning and organizing multiple programs, projects operations or functions.
- Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or a related field based on a specific position(s). A combination of appropriate education and experience may be substituted for the minimum education and experience requirements.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL JOB DEMANDS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee is required to regularly move and walk around the office.
Occasional travel. This position is primarily local to Corporate Office. Some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected for training or meetings.
BluSky is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. BluSky prohibits unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees based on age 40 or over, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other applicable status protected by Federal, State or local law.
It is and will continue to be the policy of BluSky that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity based on their individual qualifications, performance, and potential without regard for any protected status, as required by state and federal law.