Are you looking to be part of a successful well established fast-growing, fun, e-commerce, solar company? Are you passionate about renewable energy products, services, and education? Are you a motivated salesperson with strong sales skills? Are you good at solving problems and enjoy creating solutions quickly for others? If this rings true, then we are looking for someone just like you!
Check us out: altE Company Video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkpQ-L56xlg&t=6s)
Who we are looking for:
- You must have strong sales and communication skills and a passion for renewable energy.
- You enjoy educating both homeowners and businesses on the appropriate solar product(s) or systems for their specific application.
- You must be able to overcome some resistance by engaging in the conversation and helping our customers to find the best solution which works for them.
- You like to work independently and have the ability to figure things out.
- You must be trainable, and you have a desire to get better at sales. You see value in working with a sales coach who will help you develop strong sales skills.
- You must be, hardworking and a self-starter and have tremendous desire to earn money and a willingness to put the work in.
- You must excel at building relationships, growing existing accounts and finding new opportunities.
- You are passionate and goal oriented.
You will be selling Solar components and custom-designed systems for client-specific applications. Selling to businesses, homeowners, distributors, and installers in a competitive market with a short to medium sell cycle. You are responsible for providing knowledge and friendliness, along with personal service and expertise to our customers. Our goal is to help our customers design, select, buy and install renewable energy systems safely and successfully. Duties will include analyzing the needs of the customer, calculating resources, preparing quotes, and explaining our products. May also be required to visit customer sites and consult on larger installations.
Key Functions and Requirements
The major tasks and duties of the job include but are not limited to:
Retail / Do-It-Yourself Customers:
- Take and respond to incoming sales calls, emails and assigned leads from assigned and new customers in order to:
- Guide them in their learning of renewable energy
- Make specific product and system recommendations
- Create sales quotes and orders
- Responsible for new account development as well as consultative selling of solutions within the current customer base.
- Educate customers on how Renewable Energy solutions will meet their specific needs and close sales leads.
Wholesale / Installer Accounts
- Acquire new wholesale / installer accounts by:
- Developing / working prospect list
- Contact prospects by phone & email
- Nurture prospects with periodic updates and outreach
- Convert to new wholesale accounts
- Manage existing wholesale / installer accounts by:
- Make specific product and system recommendations
- Assess competitive situation
- Create sales quotes, negotiate, and close orders
- Gather 3-6 month forecast data from Top assigned wholesale customers.
- Achieve consistent sales over time, even in periods of change in consumer interest.
- Recover lost accounts
- Follow up on declining revenue accounts, Xa and Xb customers from other members of the sales team as necessary.
- Investigate issues and address for resolution
- Re-establish / grow business with accounts
Additional Duties Include:
- Work closely with the sales support, customer service, accounting, and tech support teams.
- Meeting with customers in-store and out at site locations as necessary.
- Providing customers with information about altE products and services.
- Gather information to accurately identify the customer’s solar needs.
- Select solar energy products and systems to best suit the customer’s needs.
- Prepare and/or review designs for the customer’s solar installation.
- Create fully customized energy solutions and packages.
- Provide customers with quotes, sales orders, and how to gather tax credit information.
- Develop and maintain friendly, professional and responsive relationships with a wide range of customers that contact us from all over the world.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience Profile
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience.
- 2 – 3+ years of sales experience or a recent college graduate with a sales minor and no solar experience.
- Previous work experience as a Solar Sales Consultant and in-depth knowledge of solar equipment and installations.
- Possess and share passion for renewable energy
- Drive to help others learn and be successful
- Strong ability to empathize for and with others
- Knack for understanding complex problems and creating corresponding solutions
- Drive to work fast, multitask and see efforts to completion quickly
- Computer savvy in the following software programs: ERP, CRM, Vendor and Web Based Calculator Tools. Basic knowledge of sales and office software programs: Google applications, Slack, Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Understand and help spread renewable energy and our company values in all aspects of work:
- "Be a Positive Influence"
- "Create Open & Honest Communication"
- "Embrace and Drive Improvement"
- "Passion & Hard Work to Create Excellence"
- "Personal Accountability & Responsibility"
- "Customer Driven".
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Professional appearance and a friendly disposition
- Ability to relate technical information in layman’s terms
- Ability to travel and work irregular hours
- Exceptional work ethic, ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines, and demonstrates enthusiasm towards colleagues and clients
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- People with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
We do require all candidates to take our sales assessment. Please follow this link: https://eval.objectivemanagement.com/X27GLD6
Position is Base of $50,000 plus Commission.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
altE is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Company to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. The Company will conform to the spirit as well as the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. The Company will take action to employ, advance in employment and treat qualified Vietnam era veterans and disabled veterans without discrimination in all employment practices.
Note: External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $70,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- Multiple locations