CATERING AND EVENT SALES MANAGER
Mile Square Golf Course
Job Description: Responsible for booking banquet and wedding functions as well as seeking ne business. The successful candidate shall be responsible for running all facets of the Catering and Event Department, including marketing, social media, managing sales associates and event staff, booking banquet event and wedding functions as well as seeking developing new business.
Job Duties – Responsibilities:
- Responsible for g Generating new business through social media, networking, advertising and sales calls.
- Responsible for e Event planning and preparation with clients, obtaining all pertinent information including size of party, menu, booking vendors and scheduling.
- Responsible of p Pricing and drawing up contracts.
- Responsible for w Working with the Chef in menu planning and execution. , and for
- Responsible for o Overseeing all events, including managing event staff, set up and clean up.
Experience: Minimum two years’ experience in managing a catering and event department with 5 years’ event planning experience.
- Outgoing personality with strong event planning and sales track record.
- Expertise in social media and marketing.
- interest and affection for design, décor and evolving trends.
- Ability to manage sales associates and event staff; Detail, oriented, time management and deadline oriented.
- Computer skills, including invoicing, proposals, budgeting and deposits.
- Willingness to attend and host networking, educational and social functions to increase visibility and sales.
- Willingness to work weekends and evenings as events dictate.
- Working knowledge of facilities set up, floor plans, and planning and executing an event.
- Knowledge of food service styles and health and safety standards.
Mile Square Golf Course is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and affirmative action employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
Please email resume with salary history.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $950.00 per week
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Weekend availability
- Commission pay
- Associate (Preferred)
- Sales Experience: 3 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- One location