Area Sales Manager
Alongside the National Sales Manager, responsible for the sales support and growth within the specified Territory.
Strategic Focus Areas:
- Driving sales growth and end-user adoption in a designated territory through sales, commercial analysis and targeted technical support.
- Owning the successful sales of existing products and the launch of new products that are brought to market into the UK.
- Provide technical advice and training to customers on Anika products to ensure high levels of user competence.
- Profitably sell Anika UK’s product portfolio so that the product group and overall territory monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets are achieved.
- Follow up of all sales leads, customer enquiries and requests for assistance to ensure sales opportunities are maximized and the customer is provided with a first class service.
- Monitor key customer sales performance (remotely and in-field) and take appropriate action.
- Communicate territory forecasts to the NSM and the organization.
- Production of Annual Business plans to capture pipeline sales, reviewed at a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
Direct Commercial Activity:
- Work collaboratively with UK team members to win and retain major key accounts.
- Support Anika trade show and Med Programs at a Local, National and International level.
- Develop strategically important direct KOL relationships in the region, to feed into marketing activity and drive local national adoption.
- Responsible for other duties and projects as assigned
Responsible for multiple and shifting demands to deliver financial goals and business growth.
- Education: Degree level standard or equivalent in Life Science based subjects, Business Management or equivalent
- Experience: Demonstrable sales experience within Sport Med
- Travel: Domestic – Up to 100%
Desired Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Proven sales experience within a medical device sector, ideally Sports Medicine or Orthopedics, looking after sales >$0.5M
- Excellent communication skills, ability to sell complex med devices.
- Track record of being a subject matter expert in therapy or clinical area.
- Proven track record of developing and owning KOL relationships at a Regional and National level.
- Ability to work autonomously, effectively manage time, manage multiple priorities and diverse tasks, and deliver results on time.
- Excellent presentation skills, both written and in platform presentation format.
- Proficient in manipulating sales data to produce business planning.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we do not tolerate discrimination based on characteristics such as age, gender, gender identity and expression, genetic status, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, military status, family status, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
Job Type: Full-time