Customer Verification Associate
Position reports to:
__ Exempt _X_ Non-Exempt
TMS Core Values:
- Do the Right Thing
- Embrace and Drive Change
- Create and Maintain High Morale, Job Fulfillment and Enjoyment
- Be Creative and Open-Minded
- Pursue Growth and Learning in Self and Team
- Build Open and Honest Relationships with Communication
General Purpose and Scope (Summary):
This position is intended as a gateway to becoming a licensed loan officer. The Customer Verification Assistant will learn all facets of the mortgage industry and complete all NMLS licensing requirements.
- Outbound calls to assigned leads;
- Verify customer provided information;
- Transfer calls to licensed loan officers;
- Other tasks as assigned by management.
- Conduct business in compliance with all state and federal regulations;
- Set personal goals for growth within Total Mortgage structure;
- Take a proactive approach to learning;
- Complete necessary training and self-study to ensure passing of NMLS licensing tests;
- Meet goals set by Total Mortgage.
Note: Customer Verification Assistants may not, under any circumstance, take a mortgage loan application or negotiate or discuss terms of mortgage loan, without the prerequisite licensing.
Personal Traits / Competencies:
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Provide world-class customer service
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player and works well independently
- Ability to listen and make decisions quickly
- Interest in learning and becoming a mortgage expert
Technical / Computer Skills:
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to type and use phone systems
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent
Certifications, Licenses, etc.
State and Federal licensing is not required for the role of Customer Verification Assistant, however,
NMLS State and Federal Licensing is required within 30 days of start date as Customer Verification Assistants are expected to advance to Mortgage Banker.
Hours for position:
This position may require frequent additional hours, at times on a daily basis; must be available to work additional hours on short notice as determined by management to meet customer service and investor requirements
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.