The Sales Executive Operations Manager within the Consulting Sales Excellence (SE) organization is a critical member of the SE leadership team with significant responsibilities developing and executing the Consulting sales strategy, defining growth goals and metrics, leading strategic initiatives, and working across the matrix on go-to-market collaboration. The COS leads the day to day business operations for the Sales Executive organization, advising and supporting financial operations, talent programs, and performance management. The COS is responsible for a near 300-person sales organization.
Work you'll do
- Key point of contact for the Sales Excellence practice and the leadership team regarding sales executive activities and initiatives
- Lead strategy development for the practice, sales goals, cost, initiatives, and NSD staffing
- Support with planning, execution, and control of day-to-day practice and financial operations for National Sales Directors, Sales Executives and BDMs
- Lead and engage teams across all areas, (Sales Excellence, Ecosystems & Alliances, E&A Marketing, Sales COE and Client & Market Growth), to manage and execute on sales executive financial reporting, data management processes, operations and operational improvement initiatives
- Understand and continue to improve linkage between Alliances, Sales Excellence, Marketing and Consulting Strategic priorities with the Sales Executive platform
- Contact point for Sales Enablement, Sales COE and leadership regarding Consulting Sales Executive activities and initiatives
- Contact point for Offering Portfolio/Industry & Offering/Sector Leadership, COO's, COS's and sales/talent/finance business partners regarding sales executives
- Contact point for Commercial leadership and COS regarding sales executive activities and initiatives
- Understand and interpret sales executive performance results and identify recommendations for action items to improve margins and ROI
- Work with finance to prepare analyses related to cost, profitability and sales executive operational performance
- Ensure linkage between firm's lead management system and other sales executive systems (SVS, Anaplan)
- Work with Sales Excellence and Marketing leadership to manage sales and market investment planning process
The U.S. Consulting Sales Excellence (SE) practice serves the Industries, Offering Portfolios and account teams in driving sales success. SE owns the sales life cycle from identification and prioritization of the opportunity all the way through to closing the deal. The Sales Excellence organization comprises several workstreams including the Sales Executive organization, the Pursuit Center of Excellence (PCOE), Proposal Studio, Pricing & Commercial Deal Support (PCDS), Competitive Intelligence, and the Science of Winning.
The team member will be aligned to the Consulting Professional National Office, comprised of professionals with various areas of focus that collectively provide mission critical services to support Consulting's overall success. Whether focused on project financials, quality and risk management, methods and tools, sales excellence, talent, leadership support, or other activities, these professionals ensure that our Firm operates efficiently and that our people can effectively serve clients every day. Our new Operating Model formalizes these functions so that we can continue to enhance their quality while providing our professionals a consistent talent experience and opportunities for growth.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, business, finance or other business-related field
- Client service experience preferred
- Proven track record engaging and coordinating with senior level leaders and other constituents
- Sound decision making in complex situations
- Strong communication skills
- Unyielding focus on quality results (analyses and deliverables)
- Understanding of organizational dynamics and experience working in a matrixed work environment
- Ability to coordinate across many constituents
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to dive into detail when needed
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.