Shift is headquartered on the unceded Coast Salish territory and we respectfully acknowledge the Lekwungen and W̱SÁNEĆ People of this region. With gratitude, we live, work, and play on this beautiful land. We’re looking to build our team within North America. You will have the option to work 100% remotely from the place that makes you the happiest and the most productive.
Shift, a Redbrick portfolio company, is the browser for work, built to help customers optimize their workflows, and collaborate, with focus, and purpose. We believe that managing it all, and getting work done should be simple and intuitive. In just over three years, we've grown from startup to scaleup with an incredibly talented (and fun!) team. In December 2019, we announced the successful closing of our seed round. Shift is 17 people strong and growing fast. After all, we have big goals ahead, and we are not holding back; we are on a mission to make the world a more productive place for everyone.
“The exciting, innovative, and collaborative culture at Shift is matched with brilliant, dedicated people who truly enjoy working together to solve problems and achieve big goals. There are endless opportunities to learn, and you really feel like you are having a meaningful impact each and every day.”
We are changing the way work gets done, and building an exceptional team is our top priority. We support your goals and accomplishments and are invested in your future. In line with putting your health and safety first, we have made working in the office fully optional. Most of our team enjoys a blend of home and office. In-office time brings many perks, however we also place an emphasis on planning events and fun that all can enjoy.
As a Customer Success Specialist at Shift, you’ll have turbo-charged technical skills, apply critical thinking for the best solutions, and work with a fantastic team of people. The ideal candidate for this role is a forward thinker and is always looking to test new issues and ideas and isn't afraid to push the boundaries. You take ownership of the support ticket queue and do what’s necessary to keep response times low while keeping response quality high. You have an uncanny ability to read between the lines to interpret what the customer means and anticipate what the customer might ask next. You are detail-oriented and take pride in providing an excellent customer service experience in every interaction. You’ll play an active role in helping to improve operational efficiency while maintaining excellent, personalized customer service.
What does a day look like in my role?
We get it: You want to know what you’re signing up for before you apply, right? Here’s a break down of your day-to-day a little further:
- Solving problems through testing, critical analysis, and questioning
- Responding to incoming customer support questions or issues by troubleshooting each situation and always providing the customer with the best possible solution
- Providing appropriate ticket follow up, including creating bug tickets and feature requests
- Maintaining excellent working knowledge of outstanding bugs and technical limitations to quickly and accurately identify customer issues - you’ll need to really channel your inner librarian!
- Ensuring external and internal customer inquiries are responded to within established timeframes, and support service levels are achieved
- Monitoring the ticket queue inflow, reviewing and prioritizing tickets and communicating with the team when extra help is needed
- Resolving customers’ support tickets primarily through email and live chat, with occasional screen sharing calls
- Interpreting what the customer means and answer each ticket with professionalism, empathy, and positivity
- Providing feedback on the quality and efficiency of support interactions and support tools and being proactive in recommending changes for improvement
- Assist with building and refining service delivery standards and support processes
- Working closely with the Customer Success Manager and team to identify trends and new issues, ensuring support documentation and Knowledge Base articles are kept up to date
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge through regular interactions with quality assurance and development team members, reviewing and updating documentation, and
- participating meaningfully in team meetings
- Contributing to quarterly team objectives - you help think of initiatives, then take ownership of the ones you’re most passionate about working on
What we would like to see in you:
Every Shift-er has three things in common: We’re curious, hungry and good-humoured. We try our best to balance hard work with good, old-fashioned fun. As a Customer Success Specialist, there are extra superpowers we’re on the lookout for:
- 1-2 years of experience in a customer support or product environment, interacting directly with customers, and testing use cases and technical issues
- You’re inherently customer-focused. You believe the customer is almost always right and will go the extra mile to ensure customers consistently have an amazing experience
- Detail-oriented and tech savvy
- Impeccable grammar, punctuation, with the ability to craft a detailed, well thought out email answering questions with clarity and accuracy
- Accountable and dependable with a team-oriented mindset
- Bonus points if you have experience with Google products, Slack, Jira, Asana, and helpdesk software such as Happyfox or Zendesk
- More bonus points if you have a Bachelor's degree in business, communication, computer science, or related technology field
- Even more bonus points if you have SaaS experience
If you’re picking up what we’re putting down, applying is easy as 1, 2, 3:
- Apply with your cover letter and resume. Take this opportunity to tell us your story and why you’d be a good fit on our team
- Download Shift (tryshift.com) - we want to hear what you think!
- Be sure to follow us on Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, and Instagram for all that is happening at Shift!