Domain7 is a digital product and services agency with a vision of co-creating a more empathetic and connected world. Working closely with clients who share collaborative values and a big-picture vision, Domain7 delivers digital overhauls, originals, and optimizations to digital presences, products, and systems. We want to welcome a Drupal Solutions Architect who can build trust in forming human-friendly experiences for our existing clients.
As a Drupal Solutions Architect and in collaboration with POs and PMs, you will partner with our clients to lead technical discovery and you will be highly active in translating business needs into effective technical solutions. You will work closely with our clients to analyze business processes, challenge assumptions, and identify requirements. Through your past journey, you’ve acquired a deep source of technical knowledge in Drupal 8, and have experience crafting and leading implementation of robust web solutions, and authoring experiences. You’re able to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges, have capacity to acquire new skills and frequently seek out alternative solutions and techniques to improve what we create.
We welcome applications from anywhere in Canada.
- Technical Design: Sometimes there is one right solution, and sometimes there are multiple approaches that can be taken with various pros and cons. You research these solutions, possibly make prototypes. You know we’ve done great work in the past, and you look to see how that can inform future solutions.
- Technical Discovery: You will participate in technical discovery sessions with clients in the early stages of projects. You will dig into their technical landscape, understanding the challenges they are facing, and the direction they are heading. As you dive into understanding the unique needs of our clients you will also be documenting your insights and learnings for our internal teams to engage with. You will work closely with our clients and are comfortable with leading a discussion in a room of internal and external individuals.
- Technical Leadership: You will provide technical leadership to ensure development is on track and meets technical and design requirements. You will tackle problems and resolve complex issues. You will mentor and guide others on the team.
- Project Delivery: You will help bring the technical design to life, collaborating with other developers, designers, project managers, product owners, and also clients. You will collaborate with other developers to solve technical challenges with the design or development workflow.
- Tools: You will use tools like Google Docs, Slack, Jira, Harvest. You will use technical tools like git, Vagrant, Docker, CircleCI
- Significant experience (minimum 3-5 years) in a role as senior developer or technical architect. You have a good understanding of content type modelling in Drupal, search API, migrate API, config management, deployment workflows, hosting requirements, Composer, Varnish, CDN, custom module development.
- Up to date knowledge of where Drupal is at, and where it’s going in the future.
- You can lead technical discovery discussions with clients and internal team members
- Ideally, experience in an agency context
- Acquia Certification is a bonus
Introduce yourself to us! Tell us about projects you’ve been a part of, what clients you’ve worked with, and where you’ve seen the greatest success in the past. Also, what are you passionate about, where do you want your career to go, and why you think we are a good match for each other?
Domain7 strives to co-create equitable, accessible, and sustainable communities alongside organizations who prioritize human flourishing - and we strive to be that type of community, too. We strongly encourage applications from persons of various backgrounds, identities, and experiences. We provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation or age or because an applicant or candidate has been convicted of a criminal or a summary conviction offence unrelated to employment.