Position Title: Sales Engineer
Status: Full Time
Location: ObservePoint Home Office – Pleasant Grove, UT
Department Name: Sales
It’s true that ObservePoint is yet another tech startup in Utah’s ever-booming Silicon Slopes, but here are some things you should know about us:
- Working here is challenging, and you’ll love it. Our teams are small, so you get to wear many hats and have real opportunity to make an impact
- ObservePoint is on Deloitte's 2018 Technology Fast 500 list and has been on MWCN’s Fastest Growing Companies in Utah three times
- Our founders are true tech pioneers: John Pestana, co-founder of Omniture which was acquired by Adobe and became Adobe Analytics, and Rob Seolas, who co-founded iLeadMedia which was acquired by Think Partnership
- Personality and productivity play a large role in the hiring process, so basically everyone who works here is really cool and highly effective
What do we do?
Our mission is to make the lives of digital marketers and analytics teams easier. We are an automated platform that validates marketing tags and optimizes digital analytics implementations. Our goal is to establish a repeatable process that aligns teams and technologies.
Have you ever browsed a website only to have ads for an item you looked at start following you around the internet? Clearly some digital force is aware of your every online move. They’re called tags: little pixel-sized tracking beacons that are embedded in the coding on web pages to capture and report site activity. Sometimes these tags break because human error interferes with their tracking abilities, leaving marketers blind about what’s working or not in order to better serve your online needs.
At ObservePoint, we make sure those tags are functioning properly. Our patented technology allows us to audit the digital tags on a website and check for functionality. We locate and report on any errors or potential issues and can even set up proactive alerts to notify site owners when things break. And who cares about tags breaking? All the biggest brands in the world, many of whom are our clients:
Adobe, Comcast, Ford, HPE, Harley-Davidson, Texas Instruments, Overstock.com, and Johnson & Johnson (just to name a few).
The primary objective of the Sales Engineer (SE) is to help ObservePoint prospects and customers understand and then experience the value of the ObservePoint platform. The Sales Engineer (SE) role is a pre-sales technical expert on the ObservePoint platform.
As a respected member of our small and dynamic team of pros, you will become an extension of our customers’ own IT/Analytics by guiding them with your professional consultative and analytical skills through their web analytics data. You’ll have an opportunity to work on special projects, create new methods and solutions for resolving customer challenges and lead the customer through best practices of a data governance plan. Through an array of technical knowledge and expertise with the ObservePoint solution, Sales Engineer applies this knowledge as they architect solutions for enterprises.
- Master the ObservePoint Platform and become a product expert
- Design ad-hoc customer facing reports based on web analytics for Enterprise-level customers
- Master technical discovery to aid in sales’ needs audit and discovery
- Provide governance on scope of solution within strategic compliance of ObservePoint product and packaging
- Discover client’s problems and business objectives through the use of ObservePoint and pioneer creative & realistic solutions that you can potentially write White Papers on
- Provide customers detailed scoping for new customer projects
- Provide customers with time-lines, estimates for project completion, expectations, difficulties, risk management, etc.
- Document customer goals and map solutions to fit
- Liaison for sales with product and customer success
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- Self-driven problem solver , able to adapt in rapidly changing, high energy, environment
- Experienced in some combination of the following: web analytics, how websites function, consulting, web analytics, account management, customer support
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent presentation, written, and oral communication skills
- High level abilities in MS EXCEL (Intermediate experience with VBA is a huge plus)
- Knowledge or ability to quickly learn and create regular expressions
For organizations to be truly data-driven, they must answer two vital questions: 1) What is this data telling me about our customers? and 2) Can I trust my data?
Since its creation, ObservePoint has empowered insights-driven companies to trust their data and create better experiences for their customers with analytics testing and data governance. Our automated Technology Governance solution enables companies to scan their digital properties for data collection errors—ensuring they are collecting accurate data to guide their decisions.
Now with Privacy Compliance and Campaign Performance, ObservePoint helps organizations comply with regulations to protect customer data as well as standardize campaign tracking to capture complete, actionable insights.
Together, ObservePoint’s Data Governance solutions bring insights, automation, and compliance to the chaos of customer experience data.