About the position
You will be responsible for the robotics perception stack, ranging from sensor selection, interfacing, calibration, integration with navigation stack, all the way to data processing and perception algorithms. The perception stack is critical for our robot to operate safely, accurately and intelligently. You will be working with the team to design, prototype, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve various algorithms of the perception stack. You are expected to be highly autonomous and to lead technical directions. You are also expected to work with high-level product requirements, and to manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables with your technical expertise.
- BS/MS in CS or related field and 5+ years of robotics industry experiences, or
PhD in CS or related field and 2+ years of robotics industry experiences
- Solid data structures, algorithms and software design
- Solid C++, Python coding
3+ of the following must-have experiences:
- 2D/3D camera modeling, characterization and calibration
- Lidar sensor modeling, characterization and calibration
- 2D image processing and related libraries (OpenCV)
- 3D sensor processing and related libraries (PCL)
- 2D/3D tracking systems
- Multi-view geometry camera systems
- Visual odometry and visual SLAM
- Octave/Matlab/Python data analysis
- GPU software frameworks (CUDA, OpenCL)
- ML/DL image classification/recognition models (YOLO, RCNN)
- Indoor mobile robot
- Linux and ROS
About Bear Robotics
We are Bear Robotics, a team who has worked hard on developing our amazing robot Servi. Since starting in 2017, our culture of fun, collaboration, and smart ideas has catapulted us to the ~100 people at Bear Robotics you see today. We never stop looking for the brightest minds to help us solve big problems in the hospitality industry.
As a startup, Bear Robotics provides the opportunity for personal development, cross-functional growth, and building up expertise in your field. We pride ourselves on communicating ideas rapidly, and achieve this by keeping our hierarchy flat and meetings to a minimum. People who come up with the best ideas and initiatives are rewarded in our employee bonus program!
Servi autonomously shuttles food from the kitchen out to customer tables and then brings the dishes back for cleaning, but has no plans to stop there! Our goal is to become the number one company in the world for hospitality robotics. Servi is already in kitchens around the world, and we are on the cusp of mass distributing our robots. Apply today to join the Bear team!