The Program Director is responsible to administer and oversee all aspects of the day-to-day operations consistent with established goals, objectives, policies, and regulations of the company. The Administrator/Director shall be responsible for compliance with all regulations, laws, policies and procedures applicable to hospice specifically and to Medicare/Medicaid issues, when applicable. He/she will manage the affairs of the local office(s) under the general direction of senior management.
Hospice of the South Coast is a premier provider of end-of-life care. We offer excellent compensation and an industry leading benefits package that includes a company matching 401(k) plan, a generous time-off package, cell phone and mileage reimbursement, employee assistance programs, bereavement time off, company-paid life and AD&D insurance, and comprehensive health, dental, and life insurance coverage.
- Organize and supervise the administrative functions of the hospice program and overall local operations.
- Maintain compliance with applicable laws and regulations and implement corrective action if needed.
- Employ qualified personnel and ensuring adequate employee orientation, training, education and evaluation.
- Direct the community relations program, in conjunction with other senior managers, which allows for interpretation of the agency's services and fosters good working relations with physicians, hospitals, discharge planners, nursing facilities, community programs, and other referral sources.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management and operations of the hospice program.
- Ensure that all documentation is included accurately and timely in patient's charts prior to each billing period.
- Implement the policies and procedures approved by the governing body.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing, health care, or business administration.
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience in health care management, home health, hospice, or related health programs required.
- Two (2) years of hospice experience preferred with intimate knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid and Department of Aging and Disability Services regulations.
- Operations and/or Sales Leadership experience required
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships in the communities served as well as within a company.
- Skilled at establishing/maintaining working relationships with key staff, marketing contacts, and clinical staff to ensure the thorough understanding of Hospice Mission and services.
- Experience in analyzing processes, improvement planning, supporting change, and effectively managing priorities in a fast-paced environment.