H.C. Muddox joined Pacific Coast Building Products in 1980 and now supplies a large distributor network with clay products that include standard face brick, thin brick, flue liners, pavers, pool coping, and structural brick. H.C. Muddox also offers custom shapes, sizes and colors in a range of products.
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Regional Sales Manager, this position is responsible for providing solutions and nurture business relationships. The Territory Sales Manager helps architects, engineers and masons meet their schedules and budgets by providing information on appropriate building envelope solutions after considering the project parameters and needs of the clients. The manager is a liaison between manufacturing and sales and assists both in driving new business. Regular activities include promoting the product lines by supporting a select network of distributors through education and technical assistance, tracking projects, sales and margins, analyzing markets and sub-territories, networking within the industry, and continuing education and is responsible for supporting and demonstrating the Core Values of Integrity, Safety, Respect, Customer Focus, Quality, Innovation and Financial Success. Performs other related duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Expend an effort to continuously learn more about clay brick, building systems and management responsibilities.
- Maintain established customer relationships and forge new ones where appropriate.
- Travel the territory as needed to support the dealers and design community with the intent of generating future business.
- Deliver educational seminars to dealers, architects, engineers and others throughout territory.
- Follow leads and generate specifications in areas without distributors if applicable.
- Provide market knowledge to assist the regional sales manager and or general sales manager in preparing budgets, forecasts, market targets and trends.
- Assist in developing pricing strategies and annual sales budgets.
- Provide monthly updates of significant territory events, trends, and forecasts.
- Provide bi-weekly phone updates to core team on territory activities.
- Provide product training for distributors.
- Visit construction sites as needed for field observation or problem resolutions.
- Generate quotations for custom items.
- Host and lead plant tours and distributor training for appropriate audiences.
- Generate new promotional and marketing material as needed.
- Be an active participant in industry associations.
- Stay knowledgeable about similar competitive product lines.
- Attends safety meetings and abides by all safety rules set forth by company and governmental regulatory agencies; ensures that hazardous conditions are reported and corrected.
- Regular attendance is required.
QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- College education and/or field experience in business, engineering, architecture or construction management for a minimum of 5 years.
- Experience in outside sales and product promotions from any industry
- Understanding of building systems and engineering concepts related to structural masonry.
- Engaging verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate professionally with the sales team, contractors, engineers, architects, and owners.
- Aptitude for problem solving and negotiating.
- Highly motivated toward goals.
- Anxious to continuously increase knowledge.
- Ability to motivate team members and distributors.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Google Maps, Sheets and Documents
- Knowledge of photo editing software.
- Aptitude for marketing skills including thorough knowledge of digital and social media.
- A valid driver’s license and a good driving record is required.
- Ability to travel by air and car.
- Regular attendance is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; Reach with hands and arms; Talk and listen; Stand, walk, and sit.
- Frequently drive a personal vehicle to deliver bank deposits to local bank.
- Occasionally required to bend at the waist; Lift and/or move up-to 35 pounds.
- Up-to 75% travel time required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Discipline and ambition needed to work from home (should live within the territory).
- Adaptability needed to work in varying environments while traveling.
- Comfortable on construction job sites, scaffolding, stairs (any weather).
- Plant environment with loud noise, moving machinery, dust (occasional visits).
- Wear mandatory and/or other appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
This is a regular, full-time position with competitive compensation and full benefits including medical/dental insurance, disability benefits, life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing retirement plan, and wellness programs. We are an equal opportunity employer and promote a drug free workplace