What drives you? Maybe you want to make the world a better place and tackle new, exciting challenges while disrupting an industry. Maybe you want to solve complex problems in applied machine learning, cloud deployments, or vehicle routing on an unmatched engineering team. Maybe you want to advance your career and work with the brightest minds in freight. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place!
Interviewing is a two-way street, so let's get to know each other. Here's a little about us:
- We're growing fast — like, speed-of-light fast. We have 150 new, full-time Flockers and more square feet — in Encinitas and Chicago — than ever before
- We're taking names. Find us on the CNBC Disruptor 50, SDCE 100, SDBJ Diversity & Social Responsibility, and Fast Company World Changing Ideas lists
- We've got support. Our investors include SoftBank, Volvo Group Venture Capital, SignalFire, GLP Capital Partners, and GV (formerly Google Ventures)
- Efficiency is in our DNA. Our mission is to reinvent North America's $2-trillion freight industry by relentlessly eliminating waste and inefficiency
- Algorithms drive our sustainable shared truckload solution. Behind our carbon neutral shared truckload service is world-class tech (and a lot of sweat)
- We walk the talk. We make a positive impact in everything we do; our B Corporation certification is proof. We were the first B Corp in our industry
- We ask a lot of our people, but take care of them. Our team has a lot to prove and the attitude to do it. Join our high-performance, high-care culture
- Pandemics aside, we offer flexible work schedules. Knowing you have a life outside of work, we won't ask you to do your job from the office five days a week
About the Role:
In addition to providing Customers with innovative shipping modes and never before seen pricing optionality, Flock Freight is also looking to improve the Carrier/Broker relationship, and evolve how our carriers partners do business with us. We are putting our money where our mouth is by building a carrier-facing platform, complete with tools and updated processes, to help carriers succeed and grow within the Flock Freight ecosystem.
In the Carrier Engagement Specialist role, you will be among the first members of a new cross-functional team focused exclusively on building a more tech-enabled and higher performing carrier network. Together with our internal partners in marketing, product management, engineering, carrier sales and compliance & performance, the Carrier Engagement & Success team is heavily involved in the strategic development and execution of Flock's most mission-critical carrier facing initiatives.
Data driven and analytical, curious and creative, with a strong operational background - candidates should be equally comfortable working with leadership on long term strategic initiatives, and cold calling carriers on the brokerage floor. A deep understanding of how carriers operate is a must, as you will be the subject matter expert to internal technical/non-freight stakeholders, expert challenges and priorities, and the current tools they have at their disposal.
- Developing new and unique carrier acquisition channels
- Build out carrier onboarding & engagement funnel
- Expand and improve the quality of Flock carrier network
- Driving product, process and program adoption by both internal and external stakeholders (Carriers, Carrier Sales Reps, etc.)
- Create and manage user feedback channels
- SOP creation and ongoing documentation
- 3+ years of relevant experience - Carrier Sales, Carrier Operations, marketplace operations, SaaS customer success, or equivalent
- Track record of success selling technology, tools and automated services
- Program or project management a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong Excel/GSuite/data management skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity and limited oversight
Committed to creating an environment that's fair and inclusive, Flock Freight fills open positions based on qualifications, merit, and business need. We value the skills of people from various backgrounds and are proud to hire, promote, and retain talent from a diverse candidate pool. Diverse perspectives are central to innovation at Flock Freight and make our team better.
Flock Freight has zero tolerance for behavior that negatively impacts marginalized groups, including women, people of color, veterans, immigrants, and members of the LGBTQIA+ community. We invite people of all identities to join the Flock!