Founded in 1988 and listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: TCN), Tricon owns over 30,000 single-family and multi-family rental homes across the United States and Canada, which we manage using an integrated technology-enabled operating platform. We are headquartered in Toronto, Ontario and have significant operations in Orange County, California, as well as approximately 20 other markets with a primary focus in the U.S. Sun Belt.
We strive to be North America’s premier rental housing company. Our business philosophy involves taking care of our team first – empowering them to provide our residents with exceptional service and to positively impact the local communities where we operate. By providing an enhanced living experience, our residents rent for longer periods of time, treat our properties like their own, and share their experience with friends and family. This is how we continue to grow, and it is an approach that has proven to generate positive returns for our investors and shareholders.
The Senior Business Analyst will be based in our headquarters office located in Tustin, California, serving as support across all centralized departments, regional management, and other cross-functional teams as needed. The ideal candidate will be able to create robust operational and financial models from scratch, with the ability to translate and communicate the results into actionable items. As part of a rapidly growing company and industry, this position will require innovative thinking and a desire to constantly improve processes and output from the Centralized Operations team.
- Support centralized and regional key decision makers through development of new reporting packages, identifying and reporting on Key Performance Indicators, and build-out of new processes
- Aggregate and validate data from multiple source systems to develop operational models and provide recommendations based on financial impact
- Assist in various efforts to improve the efficiency surrounding data collection and reporting
- Proactively identify trends, opportunities, and concerns at the market-, property-, and portfolio-level. Provide recommendations to leadership based on these findings
- Prepare and present operational and economic models to support strategic initiatives
- Assess existing processes to develop improvements in efficiency and accuracy with an emphasis on scalability
- Serve as a key resource in implementation of new technologies; including, Microsoft Power BI and Tricon proprietary software
- Support various centralized departments to identify deficiencies and improve performance and efficiency
- Conduct internal and peer benchmarking
- Advanced Excel skills and ability to create operational and financial models
- Knowledge of Yardi and Real Estate industry / terminology is a significant plus
- Knowledge of Power BI, SQL, and Jaspersoft is a plus
- Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity and highly analytical
- Utilize analytical skills to use data to tell a story
- Demonstrate strategic and creative thinking ability
- Proven team player with the ability to guide and influence cross-functional teams
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize multiple tasks
- Outstanding presentation, reporting, and communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or related fields.
- 3-5 years of successful experience in an Analyst position.
- Experience in financial modeling, data mining, and data analysis.