Enterprise Account Executive Public Sector
At Genus Technologies, we help customers solve complex digital transformation challenges through intelligent document capture, content services, and process transformation solutions. We provide software, consulting, and support services. We build repeatable solutions to complement our channel partners (Kofax, IBM, and Nuxeo) offerings with our own intellectual property. We are an experienced team of engineers, developers, creative thinkers, problem solvers, and overall smart people.
Who We are Looking For:
We are currently seeking a driven, self-starting Enterprise Account Executive, located in Northern California, to sell into existing and new State and Local government accounts. The ideal candidate has led sales efforts and grown a government practice in a software and services technology company. In this position you will be a key member of our team and work directly with the Director of Sales, CEO, and Practice Leaders to grow this business.
You may be a great fit for this position if:
- You live in Northern California, within a commute to Sacramento.
- You create and leverage networks in the client organization and establish “trusted relationships” at the CxO, VP and Director levels
- You are a team player and willing to work closely with sales, marketing, delivery, support teams, and channel partners (OEM) representatives to grow our market presence in the U.S. State and Local market.
- You can effectively communicate how a suite of intelligent document automation and content services solutions can enhance and improve the customer’s operations and business.
- You have a demonstrable history of expanding legacy client engagements by presenting services to new departments and divisions
- You enjoy providing consultative solution selling to C-level and mid-level management stakeholders in Information Technology and Business.
- You have a proven ability to sell effectively through a medium to long term sales cycle – 6-12 months
- You can manage a sales pipeline, sales planning, and a forecast while monitoring capacity constraints.
- You have experience working in a growing small business and meeting growth goals.
- You have a proven record of defining, creating, and executing an overall sales strategy that increases sales.
- You can demonstrate your exceptional time management and organizational skills
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and build an internal strategy for growing the Public Sector business.
- Establish a dialog with our existing public sector customers and build a consistent sales pipeline.
- Meet or exceed sales quota goals that achieve growth year after year.
- Identify and prospect into new public sector agencies.
- Educate the public sector market on Genus and why they should do business with us.
- Promote and establish yourself as a trusted advisor in Intelligent Automation solutions.
- Understand public sector market trends and demonstrate thought leadership to customers.
- Partner with your internal Genus team to create solutions based on customer needs.
- Use Channel Partner portals to register client opportunities and ensure receipt of vendor revenue recognition.
- Educate yourself on Channel Partner offerings and how those solutions benefit your targeted public sector market.
- Provide Account Management on key accounts:
- Hold regular strategic and tactical account meetings for assigned clients.
- Develop account strategy and goals.
- Maintain and update Genus Account Management and CRM records.
- Track future projects and project ideas.
- B.A. or B.S. degree
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in technical services and software sales
- A minimum of 5 experience in selling to IT and Business Stakeholders within the California State and Local Government Agencies.
- A “can-do” attitude and the ability to tackle challenges in a positive and thoughtful way.
- Ability to travel.
Rock Star Qualifications
- Experience working for a Systems Integrator or Value-Added Reseller.
- Experience working with County Health and Human Services.
- Experience with Business Process Management (BPM) or Enterprise Content Management/Services (ECM) or Intelligent Document Capture.
- Experience leading technical, sales and business development team members.
Why Genus Technologies:
We share these Core Values. We do the right thing- we act for the greater good while supporting teamwork and collaboration. We strive to be the best with our domain expertise, zest of knowledge and quality work product. We take initiative and are proactive, hardworking and independent. We are accountable by being reliable and taking responsibility. We see it, own it, solve it, and do it We have consulting mindsets and are responsive, curious, listen first-act second, and make the complex, simple We value independence, collaboration, and an entrepreneurial spirit that allows self-starters to wear multiple hats, accelerate professional development, and directly influence the direction of the company
- We have a proven history with many State and Local customers across the country and specifically in the State of California from which to begin your tenure.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $150,000.00 - $200,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Travel reimbursement
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
Work Location: Multiple Locations