Join the most talented team in the HVAC/R industry. Our industry is the best kept secret in the Job Market. Baker Distributing’s wide range of product lines, competitive pricing, superior customer service and valuable, timesaving services have made us an industry leader for the past 75 years.
People are the core of our business – those that work for us (our employees), those that work with us (our suppliers and vendors) and those that we work for (our customers). While some of our employees are the most experienced in the industry, we are always seeking new talent with fresh ideas to help us utilize emerging technologies to deliver the best-in-class customer experience. If you have a keen sense of respect – for yourself and others; an unfaltering devotion to integrity; the drive to provide consistency; the tenacity to strive for excellence; and embody the spirit of teamwork, we would love to talk with you. Apply today!
Company Website: www.bakerdist.com
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Baker Distributing will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Baker Distributing Branch or contact Human Resources.
The Sales Representative is responsible for managing HVAC residential and contractor sales, including support products, for one of our established wholesale HVAC distributorship that carries multiple brands of equipment, parts and supplies. The ultimate goal of this role is to develop client relationships to be able to sell, acquire and maintain a strong customer base supporting a Sales Center in a designated territory.
- Duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Represent Baker Distributing Company as a leader in the industry.
- Secure maximum market share and sales dollars consistent with established sales policies and programs. Solicit new accounts and dealers and develop market strategies.
- Maintain direct personal contact with all assigned accounts and foster relations with new ones. Take proactive approach to sales development and problem solving.
- Resolve customer relations problems and issues with clients within a timely manner.
- Serve as a host at dealer meetings, conferences, conventions, incentive trips and all other similar functions. Participate as requested in home product shows, utility sponsored events, industry associations, etc. Attend, when necessary, training classes to acquire the skills to meet our customers’ needs and expectations and to keep abreast with technical developments and changes in product lines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) Required. Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field preferred.
- Must possess a clean driving record with no restrictions, suspensions or DUI convictions in the past 3 years. Minimum 2-4 years sales experience within the HVAC industry, preferably with experience in the operations of a wholesale HVAC equipment supply house.
- Proven work history in the sales and marketing arenas with proficiency in air conditioning, heating and ventilation equipment at a wholesale distribution level.
- 2-4 years of experience in residential and commercial contractor relationships. Proven success in sales, marketing, operations and leadership roles.
- Proven success in establishing and meeting sales goals. Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
Licensing and Certifications: Valid driver license and/or CDL license
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must be able to frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- The employee frequently is required to stand sit or walk, climb, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to utilize a computer keyboard, computer monitor, and telephone for prolonged periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may use equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks and other warehouse equipment. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate on all levels within internal and external groups.
- Excellent customer service mindset with the ability to develop long term relationships Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical aptitude with a proven ability to analyze/interpret data Strong and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment Strong estimating and negotiation skills
- Proactively seeks continuous process and service improvements Ability to give quality presentations
- Ability to work independently but meet assigned goals and objectives in designated time frames. Must possess the attitude of wanting to lean, teach and lead.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Commission pay
- What is your expected salary range?
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- HVAC: 1 year (Preferred)
- HVAC Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Sales Representative: 1 year (Preferred)
- Territory Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Willingness To Travel:
- 100% (Preferred)
- On the road