At InnovaSystems, extraordinary solutions are born through innovative software.
A leading provider of information technology and enterprise-level solutions to the Department of Defense, federal, state and local government agencies, InnovaSystems delivers a vital service to support our nation’s National Security Strategy.
As a member of the InnovaSystems team, you will be empowered to do the best work of your career with challenging assignments that solve real-world problems and a steady focus on comprehensive leadership training and career growth.
*Successful applicants will be asked to show proof of their U.S. Citizenship.
InnovaSystems requires a mid-level Software Quality Assurance tester for its Navy Reserve Readiness Module (NRRM) project. As the software tester, you will be part of a development team conducting verification and validation testing of web-based enterprise applications, including front-end and back-end testing. You will be responsible for writing, executing, and maintaining software test plans, including manual and automated tests across multiple test environments.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and document application test plans based on software requirements and technical specifications
- Coordinate with team members to ensure test environments meet key performance and usability requirements.
- Create and execute manual and automated tests
- Accurately record and clearly document all actual results compared to expected results
- Communicate with developers, project managers, and technical support specialists on product issues
- Continuously adapt to evolving process guidance to support both the project and the test constituency
- BS in CS or Engineering plus 3 years of experience OR Bachelor's Degree plus 5 years of experience OR 9 years combined education and direct experience.
SPECIAL SKILLS OR TRAINING:
- Knowledge of, or basic introduction to:
- SQL and RDBMS
- Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC)
- Software Test Automation
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Source control
- Agile software methodologies
- Integration Testing
- Regression Testing
- Must have understanding of SQL query structure
- Experience with SQL and databases/backend testing
- Experience with test automation
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and the CMMI model is desired.
Benefits & Culture
When you join our team, we are committed to enhancing your skills through training and certification programs, as needed, to facilitate your role on the team. Opportunities for advancement and variety are offered through the various projects we create and build for our customers and careers can take on a leadership path or progressive technical track through career and succession planning. At InnovaSystems, we embrace a philosophy of continuous performance management, including relationship building, feedback and recognition and we provide the leadership training and software tools to support these concepts.
Our comprehensive employee benefits offerings include:
- Flexible schedule
- Technical and Leadership Training
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 3 weeks (120 hours) of paid leave annually - hours increase after 3 years of service
- 401k Plan w/ company match
- Comprehensive benefit package to include health, dental, vision and supplemental insurance plans
- Onsite Gym/Workout Facilities (depending on location)
- Social Events
InnovaSystems is a proud supporter of community organizations including; Challenged Athletes Foundation (CAF), Support the Enlisted Program (STEP), and Salvation Army
InnovaSystems International is an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- San Diego, CA 92108: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- manual testing: 4 years (Required)
- Test Automation: 2 years (Preferred)
- Secret (Preferred)
- One location
- Temporarily due to COVID-19