Senior Business Analyst, Digital Banking
Friday, August 6, 2021
Canada's Challenger Bank™
Equitable Bank manages over $35 billion in assets and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Equitable Group Inc. It was founded in 1970 as The Equitable Trust Company and has become Canada’s ninth largest Schedule I bank. Equitable Bank offers a diverse suite of residential lending, commercial lending, and savings solutions, including high-interest savings products and GICs.
At Equitable, we have no doubt that financial services are changing. Consumers increasingly prefer to interact remotely through digital channels and are less likely to visit brick and mortar locations. That’s why we launched EQ Bank in 2016. Its approach to simple and convenient banking makes it a strong contender in the industry. We believe there’s an opportunity for something different, to provide better service and a better deal for our customers through digital banking.
- Establish a plan for stakeholder workshops to capture and elaborate detailed user stories, by bundles of Themes and Epics.
- Facilitate workshops to document customer / user needs, process / system flows, and end to end requirements as detailed user stories. User Stories will include key areas such as happy path experiences, alt/error flows, spec-by-example, acceptance criteria, and business value.
- With cross-functional Pod and external supplier support, decompose user story and experience requirements by supplier. Establish and maintain traceability form the Bank’s overarching requirements to each supplier.
- Drive and ensure sign-off of BA created artefacts across the Pod team and stakeholders.
- Support cross-functional Pod and to create technical design documents, create acceptance criteria and testing artefacts, and story point estimation (where applicable).
- Support ad hoc business and technical analysis requests to support main activities as required, such as API data maps.
- Support daily stand-ups and project velocity reporting as required (ex: pace of writing & approving detailed user stories).
- Deep understanding of Software Development Life Cycle concepts
- Experience with both waterfall and agile methodologies
- Business domain knowledge in Canadian Online and/or Retail Banking is mandatory
- Good understanding of Compliance (FCAC) Regulatory (OSFI, CDIC) regulations and policies
- Extensive experience in web interface analysis and mapping documentation
- Good understanding of technology such as: online channels, real-time APIs, data storage / data bases, data domain models, UML, data mapping
- Proficient user of all MicroSoft tools; Knowledgeable with Atlassian suite (JIRA & Confluence).
- Post-Secondary education, preferably in Technology related fields
- 5 or more years of experience in delivering technology projects in a Business Analyst capacity or related role
- Additional desirable skills include:
- Experience with Temenos T24
- Experience with MuleSoft
- Experience with Canadian Savings Products – TFSA, RRSP, GIC
- Experience with Mobile Payments
Equitable Bank is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. All candidates considered for hire must successfully pass a criminal background check and credit check to qualify for hire. While we appreciate your interest in applying, an Equitable recruiter will only contact leading candidates whose skills and qualifications closely match the requirements of the position
- Job Family
- Pay Type