About China Live
China Live, the nation’s top grossing independent Chinese restaurant, is aggressively leveraging its legendary, award-winning, immensely popular, experiential brand to grow its omni-channel retail footprint. Building upon its addictive and mouth-watering offerings, China Live is expanding retail distribution through direct to consumer, brick and mortar retail and digital/e-commerce marketplace channels.
- Competitive wages (rate of pay) - DOE;
- Generous employee dining discount;
- Generous employee retail discount;
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance for full-time employee;
- Sick hours available according to the mandated government regulation;
- Tax benefit on commuter check;
- Vacation hours available for full-time management / salaried positions;
- 401k program available (in the near future)
This position is responsible for the successful operation and growth of China Live’s omni-channel retail operations with the responsibility to improve and expand our in-store sales and growing our e-commerce program. You will need to have the requisite skills and knowledge, combined with a genuine passion for creating a memorable and engaging experience for in-store and online customers alike. You are passionate and possess the energy, vision, experience to achieve exceptional results and the mindset to advance your career.
You will have responsibility in data, analytics, and strategy across the entire breadth of China Live’s omni channel marketing portfolio. You will apply a combination of quantitative data analysis and critical thinking to set strategy for marketing delivery and measurement, establish success criteria benchmarks, evaluate solution performance, and optimize to deliver improved profitability performance over time.
We are looking for a strategic innovator with superb retail skills (buying, merchandising, e-commerce and as brick and mortar) with an entrepreneurial growth mindset. You excel in creating and implementing a vision and collaborating effectively and working cross functionally with Product, Communications, Sales, Operations and senior leadership. You think about the big picture, break it down into actionable steps and are ‘hands-on’ with execution. If you are passionate about further developing a successful retail program to support the China Live mission; if you are an energetic professional who thrives in a forward-thinking environment, then this may be the perfect job for you.
Partner with management and product team to drive China Live’s go-to-market strategy.
- Create new opportunities to improve China Live’s retail experience through richer online and instore customer interactions.
- Oversee quality of visual display and staying current with trends and best practices
- Lead long-term planning, including any initiatives and/or innovations focused on improving the guest experience, revenue and operational excellence
- Oversee and manage retail operations budget; approve and monitor purchase requisitions
- Maximize productivity and revenue. Ensure the operational effectiveness and efficiency of the Retail Business to drive sales
- Meet with vendors to evaluate, develop and purchase merchandise
- Monitor operations to assure highest quality online and instore customer service
- Oversee all functions of retail operations in line with policies, ethics, finance, and security procedures.
- Provide feedback on marketing operations & campaigns, merchandising, store designs
- Engage merchandising, site, and digital product content teams to drive awareness and growth of programs.
- Drive brand adoption by negotiating marketing campaigns to expand merchandising programs and raise awareness of China Live’s products.
- Key Performance Indicators: Sales and budget performance, margins, inventory management, timely delivery of all projects
- Prepare and maintain stock on the sales floor, following visual guidelines and standards.
- Management and preparation of regular, accurate stock takes and replenishment of stock according to the sell-through and purchase order requirements.
- Maintain high back of house standards such as stock room, stock security etc.
- Execute coherent buying strategy to drive sales and exceed targets, in terms of product mix and volumes.
- Provide regular market studies including statistical analysis of competitors and price points to highlight additional sales opportunities.
- Provide exceptional client experience and service; provide personalized and timely after-sales service to clients, dealing effectively with client complaints.
- Demonstrate a high level of product knowledge (telling the story, features and benefits etc.) and coach other team members.
- Communicate feedback on bestsellers; slow sellers missed sales opportunities.
- Supporting the development and execution of high-quality social media content related to integrated/omni-channel marketing campaigns on email, Instagram, Facebook, etc.
- Managing the scheduling and posting of social content and ensuring that the highest quality-control standards are maintained and that content posted is on-brand.
- Analyzing social campaign performance and adjusting content as needed based on performance, conversion or other predetermined KPIs
5-plus years of online and in-store omni-channel retail management experience, including buying, merchandising, e-commerce, digital and social marketing, and P&L oversight.
- Experience in hospitality, home goods and managing a brand’s social media content and brand voice is a plus.
- Active social media experience with a creative eye for viral content, retail trends and consumer conversations
- Supply chain experience including logistics, transportation and/or order fulfillment
- Experience in retail buying, e-commerce and management is essential.
- Visionary and at the same time detail-oriented, results driven, with a high aptitude for process thinking and execution.
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail, strong problem-solving skills with solution-based mindset.
- Excellent customer service, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, including online retail platforms and e-commerce marketplaces
- Superb organizational and project management skills with demonstrated experience managing overlapping timelines in a fast-pace entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Ambassador: Representing China Live products and values with passion.
China Live features competitive wage and benefits package, including generous employee dining and retail discounts.
We encourage prospective candidates to learn more about us! For more information, please visit us in person or online.*
- "Restaurant of the Year" – Eater
- "The World's Greatest Places, 100 Destinations to Visit Right Now" - TIME Magazine
- "Top Chinese Restaurants in the Bay Area" - San Francisco Chronicle
- "Top Grossing Independent Chinese Restaurant in America" - Restaurants & Institutions
China Live Ventures provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Additionally, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
China Live San Francisco - China Live Retail
644 Broadway St, San Francisco, CA 94133
Location: 644 Broadway St,San Francisco,CA,94133, San Francisco, CA 94133
Job Type: Full-time