Want to work for a company that is reimagining distribution? Join Univar Solutions, the premier global distributor of chemicals and ingredients. Our goal is to function as a direct extension of our customers’ teams; to serve as an ally in their quest of business success.
At Univar Solutions, we’re building on our more than 90 years of experience and drawing on deep resources – inventory and logistics experts, scientists, PhDs, procurement, customer service, sales and marketers-to deliver consultative services and an unmatched portfolio to solve customers’ formulation and operational challenges. When you work for Univar Solutions, you’ll play an important role in shaping how we deliver more than chemical and ingredients.
The Inside Sales Account Manager is responsible for building Univar Solutions business partnerships and expanding the portfolio of products and services provided to existing Univar Solutions customers by gaining an understanding of all aspects of the customer’s business. The Inside Sales Account Manager will utilize Univar Solutions sales processes to uncover and close new business opportunities to meet their financial goal. This position will require effective territory management and business planning capabilities to execute our strategies to maximize sales performance within the assigned geography.
While all sales calls are done over the phone, WebEx, or video chat, this is an account executive level sales role, not a support role, and requires a driven self-starter attitude and the ability to work autonomously.
As an Inside Sales Account Manager, you will:
- Use accepted Univar Solutions Account Management processes and conduct calls via telephone, WebEx or video chat to achieve a financial target.
- Establish and develop customer relationships by evaluating needs and opportunities within customer accounts and negotiate to effectively gain customer commitment.
- Develop and implement business plans to achieve financial goals and objectives.
- Maintain and expand knowledge of products, services, competitive activities, and other general information of interest to customers.
- Collaborate with other Account Manager team members to share best practices and drive account growth.
- Document all account activity in the CRM system (Salesforce.com).
- Perform other related duties as required or requested.
Qualifications Required for Consideration:
- Bachelor's degree from fully accredited four-year institution preferred or a minimum of 2+ years of high performing inside sales experience
- Experience in the relationship management of assigned accounts through the development of business partnerships at all levels of the customer’s organization including the Executive Team, Operations, R&D, and Purchasing
- Demonstrates the ability to strategically plan for territory growth, including the effective completion of sales calls for new growth within existing accounts while protecting the current customer products / service provided by Univar Solutions.
- Proven performance in the identification of competitor share and developmental opportunities within assigned customer territory, and ability to prioritize and take action to reach financial targets.
- Experience negotiating and closing large, complex opportunities as well as meeting the immediate product and service needs of customers.
- Strategic business acumen, with the ability to understand the business relationship between manufacturers, distributors, and end-users of chemicals/ingredient products
- Exceptional Discovery and Negotiation skills that allows Univar Solutions to generate the appropriate value for products and services provided to customers.
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, listening, presentation)
- Excellent computer skills including MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint as well as CRM platforms such as Salesforce.com
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
We offer comprehensive benefits to employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous PTO and much more.