Pay Rate: $17.00 per hour
The Shift Supervisor is responsible for ensuring all personnel perform their assigned duties in accordance with applicable policies, procedures, and Post Orders. The Shift Supervisor is more specifically responsible for:
- Controlling and limiting unbillable overtime and double time.
- Maintaining accurate timekeeping of employee hours and submitting to Account manager.
- Maintaining adequate staffing levels in accordance with client requirements and Post Orders.
- Maintaining compliance with all company policies, procedures, and directives.
- Ensuring all personnel receive rest and meal breaks in accordance with applicable State and Federal laws.
- Responding and effectively communicating with Account manager and Supervisor(s) in a timely manner using email, text, phone calls and voicemail messages.
- Performing access control or patrol duties, as prescribed in Post Orders, when necessary to fulfill mission requirements.
- Ensuring all personnel are properly posted, briefed on all current pass-ons, and rotate personnel, as necessary to accomplish mission objectives.
- Delivering excellent customer service to all clients, terminal employees, vendors, and STE contractors, as prescribed in training guidelines and policies.
- The proper safe-keeping and storage of all Sensitive Security Information (SSI) and client materials.
- Writing and maintaining reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Inspecting work areas to ensure compliance with established regulations regarding security, safety, and maintenance.
- Observing and evaluating worker’s performance to ensure upward mobility and proper utilization of employee skills.
- Verifying employees’ licenses to ensure they are always current, and with them at all times while on duty.
- Conducting relevant training.
- Ensuring all required reports are executed and delivered in a timely manner.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Must be able to communicate in and speak fluent English.
- Must be a minimum 25 years of age to operate a company or client motor vehicle.
- Must be able to work in a client-focused role within a fast pace environment.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks with a high level of accuracy required.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Must have and maintain a current guard card in accordance with applicable State, County, City regulations or law.
- Must have certificates demonstrating at least 40 hours of BSIS security training.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Law Enforcement or Military experience preferred.
- Customer Service experience preferred.
- Security work experience preferred.
- Inspect documents for validity such as driver license and company ID during access control.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other Federal, State, and Municipality laws or regulations.
- Must be able to sit and stand a minimum of 8 hours at a time.
- Must be able to work in both indoor and outdoor environments.
- Must be able to work outdoor in hot and cold inclement weather environments for extended periods.
- Requires the ability to frequently walk to employee work areas and other assigned work areas.
- Requires the ability to push, pull, carry, and lift up to 15lbs.
- Use of sight, including viewing computer monitors or camera monitors for extended periods of time.
- Requires close vision, distant vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on a telephone/VHF two-way radio.
- Must have sufficient computer and writing skills.
- Ability to pass a Federal and State background check.
- Ability to pass a drug test.