Address:100 King Street West
Job Family Group:
The Senior Associate, Institutional Sales and Service is responsible for strengthening the firm's relationships with existing institutional accounts. This role drives continuous service improvements with the ultimate focus on business retention. This includes institutional third party relationship management and retention of these clients, and to seek out opportunities to grow these relationships through the introduction of new strategies. The role is accountable for developing and executing the strategy, processes, and delivery measurement for service among all functional areas responsible for delivering high quality service to clients. Additionally, the role will develop and execute proactive, creative, and ongoing contact initiatives to identify and satisfy client needs. The role will partner with cross-functional teams to coordinate relationship management activities with Sales, Product Management, Marketing, Product Specialist, and other stakeholders. Provides input to product development.
- Client Relationship Management
- Retention of Existing Institutional Accounts and Cross Selling
- Works with more senior staff on larger and/or more complex clients, issues and relationships.
- Develops solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders and ensures alignment.
- Analyzes data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of operational programs.
- Develops, maintains and executes a business plan, including relationship management strategies, to achieve retention objectives.
- Develops rapport and instils confidence with clients in order to develop credibility and earn their trust as relationship manager.
- Develops and executes proactive, creative, and ongoing contact initiatives to identify and satisfy client needs.
- Prepare client and market summaries as required.
- Participates in industry and prospect events to grow presence in the marketplace.
- Provides input to product development and marketing to grow the overall business.
- Provide timely responses to all client questions and issues.
- Demonstrates effective and timely use of the customer relationship management system and expense reporting system.
- Adheres to all compliance, regulatory, and legal guidelines.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Knowledge and Experience:
- Typically between 4 - 6 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Growing understanding of institutional relationship management and the market.
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
- Superior knowledge of pooled funds segregated accounts, ETFs and industry dynamics are essential.
- Post secondary education or equivalent in Business, Finance or a related field
- Canadian Securities Course preferred
- Relationship Management (Proficient)
- Sales & Service (Proficient)
- Business Acumen (Working)
- Conflict Management & Resolution (Working)
- Environmental Understanding (In-depth)
- Strategic Business Planning (Working)
- Negotiation (In-depth)
- Problem Solving (Working)
- Technology Understanding (Working)
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.