Position Title: Customer Service / Product Support Representative
Department: Sales Dept.
Reports To: General Manager
Supervision Exercised: None
Updated: February 2019
· Promote sales of Parts, Service repair, and Allied Lines of IHE, Inc. by use of cold calls, direct mailings, telemarketing, and follow-up of leads. Provide direct contact with customers through sales negotiation, presentation of quotations, collecting credit information and collection of receivables; calling on places of business both established as customers and perspective clients in an assigned territory. Act as a principal customer product support representative and provide excellent customer satisfaction and treat service customers in accordance with IHE policies.
· Sell Service, Parts, and Accessories to service customer in person or by use of telephone contact techniques.
· Maintain current up to date product knowledge.
· Maintain or gain all national account customers per Toyota and Crown National Account lists
· Complete legible weekly, quoted, sold, and forecast reports.
· Explain planned maintenance, full maintenance, and other services available to potential service customers.
· Secure and maintain planned maintenance contracts and full maintenance agreements from customers. Label each unit with Full Maintenance (F/M) #s.
· Inspect and report condition of each unit on full maintenance on a quarterly basis
· Answer customer questions regarding operation safety issues and maintenance intervals
· Provide operator safety training (after being fully trained) as needed
· Prospect customer leads for additional sales and service through mailings, telemarketing, cold calls, and presentations (At least 5 cold calls per week must be made to maintain the goal of continuous growth of the territory).
· Follow-up on all new deliveries of products/equipment made within your territory and promote the services of IHE.
· Keep Service Manager/General Manager informed of all problems and potential problems involving service and customers
· Responsible for creating accurate customer estimates for work to be performed
· Maintain personal grooming and reps standards in accordance with IHE policies
· Participate in development of future department sales materials
· Follow-up on repairs (incomplete/complete) for quality assurance, and to make certain that the customer is satisfied with the work performed
· Meet and exceed sales objectives, established by the General Manager
· Address complaints about attitude, appearance, and workmanship with customers
· Update, maintain, and add contacts
· All other duties as assigned by General Manager
· Channel new sales and used equipment leads to proper parties
· Maintain current and correct information in computer
· Provide excellent customer satisfaction
· Contribute to maximum sales for the Parts, Service, and Rental Departments
· Maintain close working relationship with CSS/Sales staff
· Act as principle customer service and parts sales contact between the dealership and its customers
· Complete IHE Accident report from for all accidents involving IHE
· Follow processes and procedures as detailed in the Customer Support and Service Best Practices Manual
REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
The requirements listed below are representative of knowledge, skills and/or abilities required, but not limited to items listed below.
· High School graduation, plus 3-4 years progressively related experience
· College, business college desirable
· Demonstrated expertise in Sales/Customer Service capacity gained in previous positions
· Detailed oriented with strong organizational skills
· Ability to shift priorities in a changing environment
· Ability to work under pressure, handles changing priorities, to be self-motivated with good business judgments
· Ability to speak, read, and write English articulately about materials handling and services
· Must have professional and neat appearance
· Ability to accurately communicate effectively
· Must be super-organized, determined, and confident
· Will need to establish a habit of professional improvement through continuing education in sales, industry knowledge, computer skills, interpersonal communication and general business training
· Ability to use a computer is essential, (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook)
· Approximately 25% of job is spent seated at a desk, working on a telephone, or at a computer terminal
· Approximately 75% of job is spent standing, walking, squatting, or moving in the field
· Having the freedom and the mediums in place for distributing information and speaking your mind is only the beginning of effective office communication
· Listening is what makes the communication effort significant. Active listening requires a specific skill-set, and the effectiveness with which you execute this skill can make or break your success. Clear diction, correct grammar and acute hearing are necessary for effective communication with clients, vendors, management and employees.
· Corrected vision close to 20/20 is necessary to effectively use computer screens, drive equipment and vehicles
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $43,000.00 - $58,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
We follow all recommended CDC COVID-19 guidelines.
- Associate (Preferred)
- Sales Experience: 3 years (Required)
- Customer Service: 3 years (Required)
- One location