Enrollment Portal Specialist
SEE how you can make a difference! Be part of an innovative company that cares about its associates and helps members enjoy the wonders of sight through healthy eyes and vision.
Versant Health provides vision care to 37 million members nationwide! To ensure your continued success we provide opportunities for advancement and development.
Our associates remain engaged through a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes health and dental insurance, tuition reimbursements, 401(k) with company match, pet insurance and FREE vision insurance for you and your family.
Scope and Purpose of Position:
The Enrollment Portal Specialist is responsible for scheduling and performing Gateway demos for our clients on a daily basis. The Enrollment Portal Specialist is the primary source for understanding and explaining the benefits of this eligibility tool to our clients. This position is responsible for the daily loading and auditing of Gateway files, working exception reports, manually correcting any items and following up on errors with the users. In addition, this position has responsibility for data entry of additions, termination and changes to the company’s business system as required. This position has the responsibility for providing timely and accurate information to our clients and internal departments as required to assure that the company’s business system is keeping accurate and current records of the updates for the clients. Additionally, this position is responsible for keeping the administration guide up to date; handling security instructions; and demonstrating to existing clients the benefit of moving from a manual eligibility process to the Gateway system.
- Frequent interactions on a daily basis with clients, brokers and internal sales staff as necessary to demo the Gateway product for clients and provide technical support for users who have questions
- Implementation of new groups that will be utilizing Gateway
- Proactively look for resolution to problems and make suggestions for Gateway enhancements and improvements
- Oversight of Eligibility Maintenance for Assigned Gateway Groups
- Provide timely and accurate information on client calls from external and internal constituents regarding emergency update requests and Gateway user entry errors
- Demonstrate proficiency and accuracy in Data Entry Skills.
- Process emails, phone calls, faxes and other support communications in a timely and professional manner. Accurate record keeping for audit trail is essential
- Partner with Sales and Account Management to assure client questions are answered on a timely basis
- Build exceptional client relationships by handling all customers in a professional and courteous manner
- Provide timely feedback to internal departments regarding customer service failures and/or customer/provider concerns
- Participate in weekly Group Implementation Process (G.I.P.) meetings to report on access and utilization of the Gateway portal for new groups
- Regular reliable attendance is required
Education and Experience:
- Associate Degree in Business Administration or equivalent or business related college courses preferred
- Five years of eligibility/data entry experience in a managed healthcare, vision, or other insurance environment
- Experience in the area of troubleshooting client issues or account management is a plus
- Experience in a training position preferred
- Excellent Presentation Skills
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills & ability to utilize communications skills to diffuse volatile situations, share information, and educate callers regardless of their level of understanding
- Demonstrated ability to build excellent relations with clients and provide exceptional customer service
- Knowledge of eligibility reconciliation in an insurance environment and how eligibility affects billing, claims, and reporting
- Demonstrated excellence in communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Proficient in computer programs: Excel, Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to meet goals, deadlines and production standards.
- Accurate and efficient data entry skills
- Ability to utilize problem resolution skills and follow up skills to resolve issues as identified
- Team orientation and ability to work effectively across functional areas of the company
- Strong organizational skills allowing for ability to handle multiple projects
- Strong analytical abilities and demonstrated use of good judgment
- Ability to work independently utilizing company established processes and under moderate supervision
- Ability to negotiate with positive outcomes
Essential Responsibilities related to Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is required to stand, use hands and fingers to handle, feel, pick or pinch, and talk or hear most of the time. The associate is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The noise level in this location is moderate (use of computers, printers and machines). Ability and willingness to travel as required.
HIPAA & Security Requirements
All Associates must comply with the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as it pertains to disclosures of protected health information (PHI) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and HIPAA Privacy Policies and Procedures. As a component of job roles and responsibilities, Associates may have access to covered information, cardholder data or other confidential customer information which must be protected at all times. As a result, Associates must explicitly adhere to all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Privacy & Security Training Program.
We take pride in our recruiting process and follow a merit-based employee recruitment practice with extensive screening steps. We will never request money from candidates who seek employment with us and will never ask for any payment as part of the recruitment process.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious beliefs, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), national origin, ancestry, status as a protected veteran or disabled veteran, physical or mental disability or history of disability, genetic information, marital status, or any and all other categories protected by under applicable Federal, state or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Rancho Cordova, CA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- One location
- Temporarily due to COVID-19