Sales Consultant Job Description
Expand your sales career in a family-owned and operated business with an amazing culture. Murdock Auto Team offers a sales environment with integrity that sets you up for success.
At least 1 year of sales experience is required and we do additional sales development training with no scripts.
Great pay plan. Top reps can make between $80k-$160k per year.
Represent the Murdock Auto Team brand standing in a league of our own in the automotive industry by delivering on our No Regrets promise through enthusiasm, guest experience, and continual innovation and growth.
- Communicates with Guests enthusiastically to serve their needs: engaging new guests; maintaining rapport with previous guests; suggesting trade-ins; meeting prospects at community activities; greeting drop-ins; responding to inquiries; recommending sales campaigns and promotions.
- Understands automobiles by studying characteristics, capabilities, and features; comparing and contrasting competitive models; inspecting automobiles
- Qualifies buyers by understanding buyer's requirements and interests; matching requirements and interests to various models; and building relationships.
- Demonstrates automobiles by explaining characteristics, capabilities, and features; taking test drives with guests; explaining warranties and services, and consulting long-term ownership and leasing options.
- Closes sales by overcoming concerns; asking for sales; mediating the negotiation process; completing sales or purchase contract specifications; explaining provision options; explaining and offering warranties, services, and financing; collects payment; delivers automobile with a personal touch.
- Provides sales management information by completing reports.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, book reading, and professional publications.
- Enhances Murdock Auto Team's reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different guest requests, addressing customer feedback, and additional job duties as assigned by leadership.
Guest Experience Management, Computer Skills, Teamwork, People Skills, Problem Solving Solution Communication, Active Listening, Reading, Writing/Typing, Comprehension, Critical Thinking, and Social Perceptiveness.
Experience And Education:
High School diploma or GED. Ability to read and comprehend automobile characteristics and technical features. Experience in Sales organization with proven background customer service and people skills. Excellent communication and time management skills. Must be able to work as a team member in a fast-paced environment. Must be minimum of 18 years old and authorized to work in the United States.
Ability to walk; sit; use hands, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Need ability to move around the dealership. The employee may be required to lift up to 25 pounds. Work is performed at a desk in an office setting and walking throughout the dealership lot.