Laser Operator - 7:30am - 4:00pm
If you are a current employee click here to apply.
- Set-up the laser to cut scheduled work orders
- Load raw materials onto laser and remove parts
- Check raw materials and parts for accuracy using appropriate measuring devices
- Troubleshoot and adjust as necessary
- Ensure tasks are executed in the most effective manner with regards to time, cost, and function
- Show exceptional craftsmanship in all aspects of job and produce high quality parts
- Take direction and learn under Fabrication Manager
- Strive for ongoing self-improvement through additional training
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feeds, gasses, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data
- Verify conformance of finished work piece to specifications
- Keep work area in a neat and organized order
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or GED required
- 1-year minimum experience in laser operation
- 2 years of relevant sheet metal fabrication experience
- Experience working with Cold Roll, Aluminum, and Stainless Steel
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings (blueprints) and work orders to develop sheet metal parts from specifications
- Ability to use measuring instruments including, but not limited to, calipers, indicators, and scales
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Must be able to speak, read and write English
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Positive attitude and team player
WHY WORK AT SEALED AIR?
It is our responsibility to leverage what we have to affect positive and meaningful change for our communities and planet using Sealed Air’s global resources and expertise.
- Corporate sustainability. It’s about improving the lives of people around the world by addressing pressing needs in the communities where we and our customers operate.
- Customer Success. Meeting our customers' needs. At Sealed Air it’s more than a goal, it’s an integral part of our business practices, our innovative solutions, and our values.
- Leaving our communities better than we found them through dedication of time, talent and resources.
Nearest Major Market: Boston