At WISI, we have spent almost 100 years focused on implementing the most innovative and reliable technology solutions.
We are looking for an IT Manager to work with users of our award-winning carrier grade IP video products. Our customers deliver IPTV, cable and multi-screen television services.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and have some awesome perks in our beautiful office space. The company and role is located in Pitt Meadows, BC a suburb of Metro Vancouver. We are in a gorgeous location near walking and biking trails, away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
We have been certified as a Great Place to work, Best Workplace in B.C and Best Workplace in Canada after a thorough and independent analysis conducted by Great Place to Work Institute Canada.
As the IT Manager, you will oversee the operation of the infrastructure, supporting information systems, and business processes in alignment with the company’ requirements. You will be hands-on, through planning, coordination, design, management, and support of all IT/IS related activities.
We are always seeking to unify our communications systems and tools to more efficiently provide service, support, and production. We have international offices that require co-ordination and planning. Working closely with all areas within the company, the IT Manager provides leadership on consolidating systems both locally and abroad in other offices.
We currently undertaking various improvement initiatives including the implementation of a new ERP system. This role must have experience with project management, enterprise systems planning and ERP systems. The IT Manager is a leader in driving key initiatives forward.
Infrastructure systems under the purview of the IT Manager include: virtual machines both Linux and Windows, VPN, Active Directory, Azure, Office 365, a variety of helpdesk, ticketing, and support tracking systems, project management systems, expense management systems, SaaS systems, internally developed production management software, access control system, alarm systems, and an Enterprise Resource Planning system. Providing hands-on front-line support as well, this person must have strong root cause analysis skills to work through a variety of interesting technical issues.
The IT Manager is responsible for setting policies and procedures for onboarding/offboarding, budgeting, planning, and vendor/supplier management. He/she will be accountable for scaling our systems with our needs as we grow.
This role will own the infrastructure by working collaboratively with stakeholders, determining needs, and helping to enable growth cross-functionally. The IT Manager must be interested not just in delivering technical products/solutions, but in understanding the needs behind those systems and proactively identifying problems that need solving.
The role oversees a small team, consisting of a Systems Administrator and Business Analyst
- Enjoy working with smart people and state of the art technology. Enjoy constantly learning and updating your skills by diving deep into problems you’ve never seen before.
- Can solve technical problems while engaging people, uncover unmet needs and technical requirements, and carefully document it all in the form of best practices, policies, and procedures.
- Enjoy finding and solving problems that others can’t see or articulate before they know they are issues. Delivering solutions to those problems that are built to last and forward-looking.
- Can stay three steps ahead of technology needs and build plans and justifications for adopting those changes in advance of upcoming growth.
- Understand the inter-relational dependencies of various software and hardware projects to identify the conflicts before they become problems.
- Can demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills. You want to get your point across clearly, efficiently, and respectfully. You adapt your communication style to your audience and are comfortable communicating with people whose first language is not English. You use complete sentences.
- You capitalize, punctuate, and enunciate. Sometimes you alliterate. You check your work.
- In-depth understanding of business/IT operational best practices
- Demonstrable cross-functional project experience – experience in delivering technology projects that address business needs
- Comfort working at all levels of technical needs and getting hands-on – from wiring a multimedia PC in a boardroom to talking about the infrastructure changes needed for an ERP project
- ERP and/or database management experience
- In-depth networking experience and knowledge – TCP/IP, L2/L3 switching and routing, VPNs
- SaaS – Microsoft Office 365, or equivalent.
- Microsoft Active Directory
- VoIP technologies – deployment, management, and migration
- Virtualization – Microsoft Hyper-V, Docker
- Disaster recovery and business continuity planning
- Experience in managing vendors
- PMP – Project Management Professional
- Agile environment experience
What’s in it for you:
- A chance to work on cutting edge technology, with global customers, in a hot industry.
- Learning is one of our core values so there are many opportunities for career development through lunch & learns, training, courses etc.
- We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage, and an Employee and Family Assistance Program to support the wellbeing of you and your family.
- Additional health and wellness support through a wellness & health spending account to put your dollars where you need it most.
- Flexible/Hybrid work environment
- Birthday Day off - after all, this is YOUR day.
- RRSP matching program - we invest in your future.
- Paid Volunteer Hours.
- Be a part of a team of incredibly talented, driven, fun and supportive teammates.
- Contribute to WISI’s award-winning Culture. We’re a Certified Great Place To Work and on the 2021 list of Best Workplace in Canada.
- There's more but we will share that when we meet you!
Must be eligible to work in Canada
We are an equal opportunity employer and a very diverse company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, age, language or disability status.
WISI is continuing to grow our team during the COVID-19 pandemic and the health, safety, and well-being of our employees, both current and future is our highest priority.