DescriptionSHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Locations: Milwaukee, WI; Madison, WI; Green Bay, WI
Responsible for managing and coordinating account service activities as the primary customer contact for retention of small local group business.
- Exhibits senior level sales competencies as defined by the business unit.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Defines and oversees the execution of account management and retention strategy for a defined book of accounts.
- Identifies opportunities for penetration sales.
- Supports pursuit of new business opportunities either directly with a broker/consultant or potential client, or through a team approach with field office sales staff.
- Responsible for growing Specialty Business within existing accounts.
- Provides support for field sales staff with RFP responses, proposals, client presentations, and underwriting coordination on new business sales opportunities.
- Develops business relationships with brokers, consultants, and key decision makers in order to meet or exceed new and renewal sales targets.
- Manages the annual renewal process for accounts, including underwriting negotiation, preparation of renewal analysis, and client presentations.
- Coordinates and controls new business implementation activities. Trains/mentors lower level Account Management staff.
- Identifies competitive situations within assigned accounts or group market, analyzes information, and develops proposals and execution plans to management.
- Works directly with Sales Account Representatives / Account Service Representatives to assure that all aspects of account service run smoothly.
- Requires a BA/BS; 4 years of experience in account management or sales; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Sales license required.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.