Fellow is an early stage venture-backed startup (iNovia, Felicis, and Garage Capital) from the founders of Fluidware (acquired by SurveyMonkey).
The world of remote work has changed the way we work forever. Fellow is pioneering the future of work through its category defining meeting productivity and team management platform. Used by teams in 100+ countries, Fellow has a broad set of customers in many different industries, such as Shopify, Hopin, GoCardless, Proxy, Warner Media, Tucows, Lemonade, KeepTruckin, and many more.
This is a unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a fast growing company as part of the first 40 employees. You’ll be joining an ambitious team well on its way to building the next big thing in tech - we're on a mission to help make meetings delightful for everyone and we'd love to have you on this journey with us.
About the Role
As one of the first Product Managers at Fellow, you’ll get to work closely with a cross-functional team of highly talented individuals that are passionate about learning, helping each-other out, and producing high quality products. You’ll have the unique opportunity to work closely with our founders and help us continue to deliver world-class products to our customers all over the world.
We are looking for someone who loves products and enjoys spending time interviewing customers to really get at the heart of the best solutions to be delivered. We are also looking for someone analytical who can dive deep into data and help us understand whether the products that we are delivering are successfully being adopted. It’s always helpful to build the right products, but it’s not enough to ship and forget. We are looking for people who can define success metrics for features shipped and continue to monitor and improve them to ensure that we can hit the targets agreed upon.
Our headquarters are in Ottawa but this is a remote friendly position (we are a remote-first organization). Bonus points if you’ve worked remotely before and are excited about building a product that enables remote teams to work better together!
What You'll Do (ie, Responsibilities):
- Develop and implement product strategies consistent with company vision
- Collect and analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders and other teams to shape requirements, features and end products
- Stay in the know with competitive research and major market moves
- Work with senior management to create product plans and roadmaps
- Prepare product pitches for new features prior to each dev cycle (8 weeks), in collaboration with design and engineering leaders
- Work with engineering teams to scope projects, define development milestones, and track progress
- Work cross functionally to ensure releases are on time and of high quality
- Communicate and provide visibility on product initiatives both internally and externally
- Define success metrics and continuously analyze and measure the performance of features
- Coordinate product marketing strategy with the customer success team to ensure customers are informed about how our products help meet their objectives
What We're Looking For (ie, Qualifications):
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a PM or related role
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Experience in product lifecycle management
- A proven track record of success in driving the development of software products at a high-growth technology company (bonus points for experience in SaaS products)
- Able to make highly informed prioritization & tradeoff decisions with engineering
- A highly creative mind with the ability to innovate and originate ideas
- A proven ability to solve complex problems
- An ability to reconcile opinions with actual data
- Ability to take ownership of assigned projects and bring them to completion with minimal oversight
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Capable of running a demo anytime
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Fellow, we understand the value of having a diverse team. That’s why we believe in providing equal opportunity employment regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.