Assigned Vertical: Automotive Industry Sales
Primary – IL, IN, WI, MI, TN, OH, AL
Secondary – Midwest Region US and Nationwide upon request
- Responsible for securing and managing new customer business. Air, Ocean, Warehousing/Distribution, Truck and 3PL.
- Responsible for developing strong C-Level relationships with Target Customers in Automotive Business
- Provide expertise in the assigned vertical to share with other members.
- Assigned quarterly and annual Revenue/Operating Profit targets to include overall territory target and individual account targets
- Responsible for managing a target customer list within the vertical for own sales
- Ability to analyze target customers entire Supply Chain and create a supply chain mapping in order to determine actual target business from Automobile Manufacturers as well as Tier 1 and 2 suppliers.
- Ability to conduct strategic sales initiatives within assigned Vertical
- Expected to make 8-10 quality customer calls per week
- Provide coaching and conduct joint sales calls with Regional/Local Account Executives related to assigned vertical
- GSM has 100% revenue/operation profit responsibility
Customer planning and coordination:
- Maintains personal contact with large key customers.
- Research customer needs and develop application of products and services in an effective manner by.
- Determining market strategies & goals for each product and service of NEU within the Vertical
- Research and develop lists of potential customers by doing market research
- Secure information to create profile of customer Supply Chain to evaluate necessary solutions to be presented.
- Maintaining up-to-date understanding of industry trends and technical developments that effect Vertical
- Establishing & maintaining industry contacts that lead to sales
- Working with NEU sales staff and branch operations staff to establish a communication path with and within the customer to ensure sales opportunities for products &services
Note: This job description indicates the general nature and level of the work being performed by employees in this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all tasks, duties, and qualifications of employees assigned to this job. Incumbents may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Minimum Requirements, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, in marketing, business administration, economics.
- 7+ plus years of business experience which should include
- Significant experience in sales and marketing preferably in a freight forwarding/logistics business
- Must have 10 or more existing relationships in assigned vertical
- Significant experience in sales staff development and training
- Several years’ experience in general management concepts such as planning, accounting, administration, and economics.
- Valid state motor vehicle operator's license. Willingness to travel extensively in regional territory.
Skill Sets Required:
- Strong Communication skills – ability to conduct Sr. level corporate meetings and executive presentations.
- Strong self-motivation and strategic focus – ability to quickly identify key decision makers and opportunities.
- Ability to close business – clearly identify short and long-term Global Opportunities
- High level of negotiating skills – ability to negotiate global contracts and processes
- Strong coaching skills. Coach and mentor Regional/Local Sales staff
- Ability to utilize CRM tools for clear and timely sales updates
- Strong MS Office skills- PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook
Sales Activity Expectations:
- Established Annual Revenue / Operating Profit Target
- Weekly Sales Expectations – 8-10 calls per week
- Update Target Account list on a weekly basis
- Issue 15-25 customer quotations per month
- New Business reported and maintained on a monthly basis
- Attend meetings and report sales activity on a weekly basis as requested
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bonus pay
- Sales Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Logistics: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location