Amazing Opportunity to help grow our Space Business!
The Product Line Sales Manager will be responsible for meeting and establishing the goals for Structures & Motion Control for the heritage Moog CSA business. The sales manager leads the sales efforts and develops both strategic and tactical plans. This position will also require strong knowledge of Moog’s core technical expertise in structural dynamics, with a focus on vibration isolation, precision motion control, and launch infrastructure for the launch vehicle, satellite, and ground-based-test markets.
This position will also have a strong relationship (informal reporting) with the Space Sector Business Development leadership. The Mountain View Sales Manager will be an integral part of the space sector advanced programs team and will also support the space sector growth plans.
The primary function of this position is to work as a team with the Market Business Development Managers and the Mountain View Site team to plan and execute product sales objectives. In addition to guiding the sales and support priorities, the position plays a major role in customer contact, relationships, selling and proposal preparation. You will work closely with the Advanced Programs West Business Director and Advanced Programs Business Development Manager in the preparation of budgets, forecasts, and IR&D plans. In order to keep up to date on existing programs and maintain customer intimacy, the incumbent must communicate effectively with Program Mangers and executions teams. Daily activities include sales calls, bid/no-bid decisions, B&P coordination, proposal preparation, pricing and capture plans.
- Organizing, managing, setting strategy and submitting proposals for all structures and motion control technologies
- Responsibility for meeting the product sales and bookings objectives.
- An integral part of strategy development for Moog’s Structures and Motion Control with the AP West Engineering team
- Maintain, develop and grow Moog’s position in the market.
- Form the product leadership team with the market focused business development managers.
- Frequent travel to customer locations and trade shows in coordination with Market Business Development managers
- Promote customer intimacy.
- Develop strategic plans with the Advanced Programs Business Development team and implement tactical decisions.
- Provide timely inputs to the bookings and sales forecast.
- Form the product/market leadership team with the AP and Site Engineering Managers.
- Bachelors of Science in an Engineering Discipline
- Strong knowledge of structural dynamics, vibration control, and precision motion control design projects
- Excellent Communication skills – especially the ability to translate detailed engineering concepts into terms that less technical people can understand
- Desire to find innovative ways for Moog to win new business
- A master’s degree in business or engineering
- 5 years of sales experience is also preferred.
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran