BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Give technologists their time back by delivering a modern data experience that empowers organizations to run their operations as a true, automated, storage as-a-service model seamlessly across multiple clouds.
The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
We've only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we're blazing trails and setting records:
- For seven straight years, Pure has been named a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant (five years in the MQ for Solid-State Arrays, and two in the newly created MQ for Primary Storage).
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2020 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
If you, like us, say "bring it on" to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
PureSPP (Pure Strategic Pursuits Practice) is a Global "Large Deal" Pursuit Team with a singular mission to drive long-term transformational business success for both our customers and Pure.
Job Role and Responsibilities
Reporting to the regional Strategic Pursuits Director, as a core member of the PureSPP team the Business Value Analyst will provide a dynamic customer-facing support function to the regional Sales organization and extended Pure business, focusing primarily on developing and presenting high impact financial, value-realization, and other business case models aligned to specific business solutions and outcomes.
This role will involve developing close working relationships with Field Sales, multiple Business Units, key customers as well as the rest of the PureSPP Team.
- Provide strategic opportunity financial value propositions, complex business cases, ROI's, TCO's as well as pricing options and related customer-facing financial recommendations and presentations.
- Design, model and communicate the key impacts of customer value ie. Cost savings and Revenue increase opportunities (=Profit) as well as Risk reduction
- Coach and develop account teams on Financial Fluency and Value Selling.
- Incubate and drive financial value-based conversations with the Field and Customers.
- Establish close working relationships with strategic account teams, sales leadership, partners, GSI's, professional services, product management, and executive staff.
- Build effective business relationships with customer architects, VPs, and C-level executives.
- Conduct financial-related executive presentations and meetings.
- Automate financial models and help enable Field teams to perform financial modeling to scale.
- Provide analysis and insight into customers' current investment, helping sales teams to identify new opportunities and secure existing ones.
- Regularly meet with and analyze PureSPP customer initiatives and solutions to determine value to be achieved. Team with partners and/or Pure professional services teams to inspect value realized for full lifecycle of deals.
- Lead scalability efforts of the Business Value function across PureSPP inclusive of teaming with Sales, Strategic Pursuit Accounts and Enablement.
- Lead reporting function of Business Value function as part of PureSPP and Sales engagement with customer outcomes.
- Provide insight and advice for contract structures, terms, and conditions.
- Provide potential up-sell and cross-sell opportunity best practice at prospectus/proposal stages.
- Proactively consider and recommend improvements to large deal eco-system (financial processes and pricing)
- Participate in Account Planning Sessions for Strategic Pursuits.
- Participate in the PureSPP Business Management processes.
- Be the voice of the field sales to Pure corporate to continually improve and ensure successful outcomes
Measurements of Success
- % YoY Growth of Larger Deals > $2M in Territory
- % YoY Number of Larger Deals > $2M in Territory
- % YoY increase in Larger Deal Closure > $2M in Territory
- % increase Rep Participation in Larger Deals > $2M in Territory
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- 10+ years of combined IT business and financial operations, complex solution sales, and other financial-background related experience.
- Financial and Business skills (financial accounting, financial fluency, ROI, TCO, budget planning, organizational design)
- Demonstrated experience developing Value Modeling Programs
- Deep understanding and experience of the financial and technical challenges faced with running modern day IT operations at large corporations.
- Consultative Selling (question-based selling, positioning Solutions & Services)
- Ability to communicate complex financial topics to an audience with various functional knowledge and specifically value alignment.
- Ability to see the "big picture" and develop innovative financial solutions to your customer's challenges.
- Technical and Business writing skills (whitepapers, proposals, competitive responses)
- Presentation skills including public speaking, meeting facilitation and white boarding.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Strong understanding of Pure's technology, alternative solutions, and the benefits that can be realized through the application of the solutions to customer environments and business.
- Enthusiastic self-starter with an outgoing personality, comfortable working both independently and in a team setting.
- Strong customer facing and relationship building skills, coupled with excellent listening and inquisitive selling skills.
- Experience developing and growing 'C' Level relationships
- Experience with procurement and licensing models such as XaaS (Subscription).
- Strategic thinker & analytic problem solver with the ability to break down complex problems in a simplified way.
- Creative with the ability to develop and run analytical models to test out and refine the various strategies we may be considering.
- Business Leadership Skill with a strong, team-oriented leadership mentality. Able to frame and confront issues and make tough decisions.
- Strong communicator equally adept at communications strategy and execution, with the ability to craft a full range of clear, high-impact communications.
- Ability to communicate in an open and authentic manner in all situations
- Ability to establish and build close working relationships.
- University Degree or equivalent
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job women feel they need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after meeting about 60%. You don't have to meet all the job requirements. If you believe you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected].
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.