JAS is an international, non-asset-based supply chain services and solutions company. Our services include air and ocean freight forwarding, contract logistics, customs brokerage, distribution, inbound logistics, truckload brokerage and other supply chain management services, including consulting, the coordination of purchase orders and customized management services.The Customer Service Supervisor is responsible for customer retention and main contact with the customers and monitoring all duties and coordination of Customer Service (CS) operations team to follow-up of the intercepting shipping orders, keying orders in to system, conducting follow-up to requestors/ customers/foreign JAS offices.
- To communicate between the CS Team with OPS department and interphase with Sales team about Customer services duties and control of the customer care with all clients
- To support in operational duties to the customer service team, ensuring to growth of volumes and GP and cross selling initiatives.
- To orientated of results with regard to accurate, complete and timely response to internal and external reporting.
- To follow the order processing for shipments received from customer or foreign JAS offices.
- Examines records such as bills of lading and related documents of shipments and informs customer of unit prices, shipping dates, anticipated delays and any additional information needed by customer.
- Submit into the system total cost for customer, records or files copy of orders received as requested.
- To support in driving better overall sales and marketing intelligence/insight into their target assigned.
- Acquire new traffics import, export, and additionally local services; post landing, customs clearance and spot business opportunities.
- Drive new revenue streams through better execution on of their marketing & lead generation campaigns and programs into the target assigned
- Compiles statistics and prepares accuracy data or M&S about their target.
- To support in gathering information about overdue and damaged shipments or shortages in shipments for customers and/or air and ocean carriers.
- Analyzes complaints concerning billing or service rendered, referring complaints of service failures to designated departments for investigation, updating customers on a timely basis.
- Provides back up support for all accounts included in their target.
- Conduct performance evaluations for export department staff.
- Recommend hiring, terminations and promotions of department employees.
- Identify and resolve issues.
- Create an environment that encourages others to develop professionally.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office suite, Excel and operational system (C1, forward, etc.).
- Leadership skills and team working.
- Good written and verbal skills
- Detail oriented, able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently
- Cross selling capabilities
- Customer orientated
- Follow-up on pending issues and orders
- Able to effectively solve problems
- Able to establish priorities and multi task
- English advanced.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 2 (two) years’ experience in Customer Service and operations unction.
100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Travel will be (up to__ %) required in support of the position’s responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stop, kneel and crouch, lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds. This position requires employee to frequently work in a fluid, fast paced environment.
The responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company’s business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
DEFINITIONS : (if any abbreviation, the meaning needs to be inserted)
Management retains discretion to add or change duties of this position at any time.
JAS Forwarding (USA), Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
JAS USA IS A CUSTOMS BROKER, GOVERNED BY FEDERAL REGULATION. FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROVIDE THAT JAS MAY HAVE IT BROKERAGE LICENSE SUSPENDED OR REVOKED IF IT “KNOWINGLY EMPLOYED, OR CONTINUES TO EMPLOY, ANY PERSON WHO HAS BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY, WITHOUT WRITTEN APPROVAL OF THAT EMPLOYMENT FROM THE ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER.” JAS WILL PERFORM A BACKGROUND CHECK TO DETERMINE IF YOU HAVE BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY AND IF SO, ABSENT SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES, YOU WILL NOT BE HIRED OR WILL BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY.