Excellence Logging is a specialist oilfield services company with a focus on providing customers safe, and more technically advanced geological, surface formation evaluation, drilling monitoring, and light well intervention services.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Sales Representative is responsible for generating revenue through winning new sales in the US Oil & Gas market. This person will lead the company’s efforts in sales of Mudlogging, geochemical and advanced gas analysis and provide leadership toward the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with the Company’s vision and Core Values.
- Conducts hands-on selling and closing of prospects for mudlogging, geochemical and advanced gas analysis services,
- Sets up and delivers technical presentations to Customers with relevant SME (Subject Matter Expert) support
- Builds and delivers pricing proposals and RFQ responses
- Liaises with customer Supply Chain, Field Operations, Corporate Operations staff to ensure coordinated customer communications
- Forecasts future sales and timing of those sales
- Assists with the development and implementation of marketing strategy and plans, as needed.
- Provides competitive and profitable pricing recommendations
- Maintains accurate and timely records of pricing, sales, and customer activities
- Provides a weekly activity report to the Vice President Western Hemisphere and Director of Mudlogging North America, which includes such information as customer visit summary, market feedback, hot prospects, sales pipeline, and competitive intelligence,
- Maintains contact with key customers to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction,
- Actively seeks out new customers
- Gathers, analyses and reports on competitor activities, capacity and markets
- Controls expenses to meet budget guideline
Education and Experience
- Proven ability to drive sales in an oilfield services market, required
- 3-4 years in a technical sales role (prefer mudlogging or oilfield services) preferred
- Experience with customer relationship management software
- Preferred - degree, preferably in Geology, Earth Science, or other petroleum-related science, or commensurate industry experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong understanding of the oilfield service industry and its customers and market dynamics.
- Existing relationships with geologists at E&P companies in the Lower 48 market.
- Knowledge of the geology of the major drilling basins and oil/gas plays in the US
- Able to exercise independent judgment and make decisions; results oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop relationships with customers
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills and the ability to translate analytical thinking into business decisions and recommendations
- Strong time management skills; willing and able to meet deadlines and work effectively under pressure and manage priorities/expectations under challenging circumstances
- Strong work ethic and sense of urgency
- Able to travel as required (estimate 50% of the time). May require spending hours in a vehicle traveling to potential and existing customers
- May be required to travel to and conduct presentations at various trade shows and expositions
- Work location will either be Midland or Houston, dependent on location of candidate
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Do you have experience with customer related software?
- Do you have a degree, preferably in Geology, Earth Science, or other petroleum-related science?
- How many years of commensurate industry experience?
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- technical sales: 3 years (Required)
Willingness To Travel:
- 50% (Required)
- On the road