Are you looking for your next big challenge? Are you trying to find a way to impact Services Growth?
Our iconic products have evolved from mechanical work horses to highly sophisticated, electronically-controlled worksite solutions. This transformation, along with our smart factories and our integrated dealer network, has a wealth of data ready to be leveraged by our customers and our dealers. Think you have what it takes to help drive/advise the teams in support of caterpillar's digital revolution?
Caterpillar is investing in our digital future and we're looking to add a Senior Staff Accountant - Accountable into our Digital team. Cat Digital is more than a traditional service center. Cat Digital is leading Caterpillar and our industry with the utilization of data analytics, innovation, digital channels and techniques to drive profit, create more efficient revenue growth, unlock new revenue streams and provide more durable competitive advantages for the business through unexpectedly great experiences for our customers. We are a diverse, high energy, agile and innovative team lead by industry leaders working to drive refreshed digital culture across the enterprise. The Cat Digital team delivers high quality data and solutions that enable Cat's Digital strategy, Enterprise Services growth initiatives and other key strategic priorities in mining, construction and engines.
As a Senior Staff Accountant, you will directly serve as the trusted advisor for one to two Digital Directors and be the key accounting contact for the organization.
This will include:
- Internal management accounting, including profit center, service center, distribution services, strategic business, integrated manufacturing, and component business unit reporting
- Coordination of purchased services, transfer prices, and accountable target costs
- Estimating various forecast and budget scenarios as needed based on changing business conditions
- Financial accounting including consolidation, analysis and communication of division or multiple business units results / explanations
- Presentation and explanation of results to management
- Communication of results to corporate offices
- Accounting user representative for financial systems
Behind every customer success is the team at Caterpillar who is taking the bits and bytes of machine and market data and translating them into usable actionable information for our customers. Apply now to join our team and help build what matters!
- 4 year Degree in Accounting or equivalent or 4 year Degree in Business with a minimum of 18 hours accounting coursework
- 6 to 8 years of accounting experience
- Demonstrated success and progression in previously held accounting roles
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Professional Certification (Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA) or equivalent)
- Accounting experience at a large public accounting firm or a Fortune 500 Company
- Willingness to relocate and be mobile minded
- Demonstrated excellence in Leadership, Initiative, Communication, Interpersonal, Judgment and Analytical skills.
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers .
Employee benefit details
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just an hourly wage, because we value your performance, we offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits (medical, dental, vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of a monthly bonus.
Additional benefits include paid vacation days and paid holidays (prorated based upon hire date).
Please frequently check the email associated with your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application – please use the candidate log-in on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status.
#LIRelocation is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .