- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in virtualization or cloud native architectures in a customer-facing or support role within the financial services industry.
- Experience with database technologies, administration and management tools, performance tuning techniques, SQL, troubleshooting, and data migration strategies to cloud.
- Experience with performing technical presentations or public speaking.
- MBA or Master's degree.
- 4 years of experience in technical sales or professional consulting in the fields of systems integration, large scale data transfer/management, and enterprise database performance.
- Experience optimizing database performance with respect to transactional and/or analytic workloads.
- Knowledge of disaster recovery and data backup strategies.
- Ability to learn quickly, understand, and work with emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the cloud/IT technology space.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers, and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of our largest and most strategical business relationships.
As a Sales Engineer for Financial Services, you will engage with named accounts and channel partners to understand customer requirements, present demonstrations of Google’s Cloud technologies, and address technical objections that arise throughout the process. You will have an opportunity to be a part of a growing team within Google Cloud, while working with some of the biggest customers in the industry.
You will be developing relationships with industry leaders to understand their unique challenges and influence their perspective of Google Cloud.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Identify and qualify business opportunities, identify key customer technical objections, and develop a strategy to resolve technical blockers.
- Support the technical relationship with Google’s customers, including product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination and prioritization of solutions impacting customer adoption of Google Cloud.
- Work with customers to demonstrate and prototype Google Cloud product integrations in customer/partner environments.
- Recommend integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms, and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution using best practices on Google Cloud.
- Travel to customer sites, conferences, and other events as required.