If you’re a Student looking for the right opportunity to grow your career - and your impact - with a growth tech company that’s making a real difference in the world, then we have the role for you at Swift Medical.
As the world leader in digital wound care management, we deliver advanced wound care visualization and touchless 3D measurement through our smartphone-ready Swift Skin and Wound software. We’ve been adopted by more than 2,100 facilities across North America.
In this role as a Data Engineer Intern, you will report to the Lead, Data Engineer.
What You’ll do:
- Work with the Clinical team to become clinically proficient in the steps of wound care assessments, best practices, and the medical / clinical challenges facing wound care practitioners in the field today
- Help to build tools to evaluate our customers' use of our product and identify areas where there are gaps in training, misuse, or generally poor results
- Help to curate a high-quality dataset for input as training data to our neural network AI for wound image analysis. This will include interfacing with external data labelling contract organizations
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product, Project Management, and Customer Success to build and deploy world class tools and services with data as the backbone
- Collect, analyze, and work to truly understand the messages and insights in the data we collect, and help to draft research papers and grant applications based on our clinical and R&D work
- Operate and improve Swift's data warehouse and ETL procedures through automation to create datasets in python/SQL
- Help to migrate and scale Swift's local on-premises ML training to AWS infrastructure
- Investigate and prototype options for scaling big data workloads, including Kafka consuming services
- Work with the Data Science team using state-of-the-art machine learning tools to develop custom predictive models and algorithms for structured & semi-structured data sets
- Develop processes and statistical tools to monitor and analyze model performance, and quantify the impact of the newly trained predictive models on improving wound care procedures
- Other duties as determined from time to time.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Basic understanding of building machine learning models. (Good to have: demonstrated ability to train or deploy a machine learning model )
- Comfortable with manipulating and analyzing complex high dimensional dataset using SQL and numerical programming languages like Julia, Python (e.g., Pandas, Numpy etc)
Working @ Swift Medical:
Other than the impact we’re making in the healthcare industry, the very best thing about Swift Medical is our people. Certified as a Great Place to Work®, what we do is not only inspiring, it creates a close-knit team working in an energetic, collaborative, and positive atmosphere.
This is a full-time placement position (approximately 40 hours per week) from September 7, 2021 to December 31, 2021 and can be completed remotely. Swift will provide you with access to the tools you need to engage in this project and to collaborate with our team.