Our event director will report to our VP of corporate marketing and act as a close partner to other marketing, sales, or customer success teams in support of industry and field marketing events. This person will manage a small team and collaborate closely with a larger team in conjunction with established marketing campaigns.
- Define an event marketing strategy that aligns to our business goals and drive its successful execution
- Create alignment across the business and executive team on these plans and be an over-communicator.
- Bring an excitement and enthusiasm for the education industry and the mission-minded nature of what Instructure does in helping the world to learn.
- For individual events such as our annual InstructureCon event, coordinate the high level strategies as well as the nitty gritty event details and deadlines to ensure the assignment of tasks to various departments and business partners
- Manage communication among various departments to ensure that all teams are aligned, informed, and prepared
- Work closely with our operations and analytics teams to define measures of success and maniacally push for accurate measures of how our events drive and influence pipeline or improved customer usage.
- Learn, recommend, and adopt best practices and technologies that will improve our event experiences.
- We are looking for someone with deep expertise creating rich customer experiences through in-person and online events for thousands of people.
- Manage external vendors and production teams to understand and determine project timelines, features, delivery dates, assets, capabilities and requirements if appropriate.
- Manage a small team of employees/contractors in a way that helps them grow their own careers.
- Manage a budget and own the requisitioning process including POs and invoicing with vendors.
- 10+ years of event marketing and event management experience
- 5+ years of in-house event marketing for a corporation (outside of just production companies)
- Ideal candidate has a high degree of organizational skills (planning, coordinating, tracking) and comfort working on time-sensitive projects
- Understanding of how to align with and execute against marketing campaign strategies
- Strong cognitive/analytical and strategic thinking skills; confidence and assertiveness to ask questions and make recommendations
- Creativity in overcoming obstacles and barriers to progress
- Ambitious and hardworking
- Determined and excited about building a successful career
- Competitive and driven
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with flexibility in hours during the hectic lead up to events
- Experience with project management tools like Asana, event management tools like Bizzabo, and sales & marketing tools like Salesforce
- Looking for someone in the greater Salt Lake City area
Get in on all the awesome at Instructure
- Competitive salary and 401k
- Medical, dental, disability, and life insurance
- HSA program, vision, voluntary life, and AD&D
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, 10 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules
- Gym club reimbursements and rewards-based fitness tracking
- iMacs or Macbooks
At Instructure we participate in E-Verify and yes, in case you didn't catch it from the above, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.