About Underground Cellar:
Underground Cellar is a Y Combinator and VC-backed startup based in San Francisco that is currently experiencing hyper-growth. We’ve ‘gamified’ wine sales through our addictive e-commerce platform that gives buyers a great value through “upgrades”, allowing wineries to quickly sell wine without resorting to brand-damaging discounts. Underground Cellar has become the most exciting way to buy wine in the world, with over 1,000,000 bottles sold to thousands of customers through the platform.
We’re looking for someone to jump right in and join a highly-effective and talented team of people who are solving challenging problems and learning from one another. We value talent and dedication just as much as we encourage creativity and passion. Join our team!
What you will do and the impact you will have:
As a Wine Concierge at Underground Cellar, you’ll spend time helping customers on the phone and over email, while building a playbook that allows us to scale the best experience possible to all customers. Your playbook will define all touchpoints with customers, including but not limited to: how we establish the relationship after their first order, how we will keep track of customers’ preferences with data, how we will make data-driven recommendations that delight our customers, and how we provide customers with world-class support if needed.
- Engage new users through chat, email, and/or phone calls to help them convert to a customer
- Build lasting relationships with new customers to understand their needs and preferences to help increase retention, engagement, and spend over time
- Provide high touch support to our VIP customers
- Implement and run tests to continually improve the customer experience, rolling successful tests into key parts of the concierge playbook
- Work with our Head of Customer Experience to continue to build and scale our concierge playbook
- Partner with customer support to help alleviate customer issues as needed
Experience & Skill Set:
- You have the ability to “talk wine” and have some traditional wine certifications (WSET, CSW, MW, MS, etc)
- You have a demonstrated interest and passion for the wine industry
- You have 2+ years of experience in customer success and/or sales roles with a track record of exceeding quota
- You get excited about building a VIP experience for customers
- Data guides your decision making wherever possible
- You are comfortable acting autonomously and also not afraid to partner with colleagues when you need help
- Learnings and insights excite you most when you are able to translate them into meaningful changes
- You're a team player and are comfortable collaborating with different roles and departments to get stuff done
We’ve Got You Covered
Underground Cellar is invested in the health and wellness of our family-like team:
- Equity ownership for every employee
- Competitive base salary
- Premium health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with matching
- Flexible work hours and unlimited paid time off
- Parental leave benefits
- Company-wide events and travel (we took the whole team to Hawaii once!)
- Free gym membership
- Free and low-cost bottles of wine shipped to you to expand your wine knowledge
- Complimentary wine tastings throughout Napa, and more!
Our Core Values - Ones we actually live by!
Lead with integrity
We operate at a high level of integrity that is deeply rooted in large ways and in small daily activities and practices. We act with honor and truthfulness in all that we do.
We achieve the best results through the combined efforts of each individual. Our culture creates an eagerness in employees to take initiative and personal interest in the people with whom they work with.
We place a high value on equality and fair treatment in the workplace. All employees are treated with a high level of respect all while ensuring a safe, diverse, and welcoming work environment free of any form of discrimination.
We own everything in our world, to an extreme degree. We are responsible for not just those tasks which we directly control, but for all those that affect whether or not our mission is successful.
Our executive team maintains open communication and radical transparency in all aspects of the business. We also provide an open line of communication for all employees to voice their opinions. We welcome all suggestions and improvements by team members.
We are a team where positivity is contagious. We’re truly passionate about what we do and look for others who approach their work with the same energy. We're not afraid to get messy and view every challenge as an opportunity to learn and grow.
We value talent and dedication just as much as we encourage creativity and passion. We also believe diversity drives innovation. We are committed to inclusion across race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We celebrate multiple approaches and diverse points of view that drive us forward every day.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in our hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance to ensure appropriate accommodations are in place.
Due to COVID-19, our standard recruitment process has slightly changed. Reach out to us to learn more about how Underground Cellar is continuing to hire during this time and what you can expect throughout the hiring and onboarding process.
LEARN MORE ABOUT US:
- Shark Tank's Barbara Corcoran Backs Underground Cellar: https://youtu.be/YZWXEBDtdMw
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
- One location
Work Location: One location