The Account Executive is a strategic resource for the C.H. Robinson Global Forwarding network. We are looking for someone who is passionate and enthusiastic to implement, manage/grow and execute small / medium size / erosion accounts. This is an exciting opportunity to take the first step into the world of account management, and develop the commercial skills that are required in this field.
This role offers uncapped commission and unlimited career opportunities. You will be joining C.H. Robinson, one of the largest, most-successful sales forces in Wood Dale, IL. Enjoy great work/life balance and top-notch benefits. We should also mention, our dynamic onboarding program features a mix of hands-on practice sessions, self-guided learning, in-office coaching and mentoring. You will come out of the experience ready to be part of our winning team.
Our combination of work from home and work in office puts you in the driver’s seat to best navigate all that your busy life demands. To ensure you have what you need to be successful, we provide a 2 week in-person onboarding process. After that, you are all set to work remotely two days per week.
YOU CAN COUNT ON:
- Monday-Friday, 8 am to 5 pm hours; no nights, no weekends, no travel required
- Excellent benefits including paid time off, paid holidays, paid parental leave, 401(k) with 6% company match, charitable giving match, growth opportunities
- Inclusive, supportive environment where we value diversity and celebrate differences
- Proven success and ongoing investment in our sales team
If this all sounds good, let’s talk more about
YOUR NEXT ADVENTURE:
- Engage prospects, develop new relationships, and close sales through various techniques, including cold calling, responding to company-generated leads, and referrals
- Create solutions utilizing our vast portfolio of logistics services
- Maintain communication with customers to drive account growth and ensure customers’ day-to-day and long-term needs are met
- Negotiate a core level, manager pricing strategy through as clear understanding of customer buying habits and CHR's position within the customer's supply chain
- Create / Review internal account metrics on a regular basis (Bi-weekly)
- Create Account SOP’s as part of the defined ‘Implementation Process’ which the Account Management Team is responsible for
- Collaborate and actively communicate with partners on the sales and product/supply team regarding customer needs, issues and solutions in order to meet customer expectations
- High school diploma or GED
- 1-2 Years of operational industry experience with Global Freight Forwarding (Air & Ocean)
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT STUFF IF YOU HAVE:
- An appreciation for a diverse and inclusive work environment
- Passion for sales and pride in building customer relationships
- Creative problem-solving skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with all customers, in all situations
- Speed and efficiency in fast-paced setting (more calls mean more opportunities!)
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, adaptability, and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment, while also delivering independent results
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Have we just described you and what you are looking for in a new career? If so, let’s talk (after all, that’s one of the things you’re great at!) Please apply today. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
We are proud to offer a top-tier benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid parental leave, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO), 401K, employee stock purchase plan, as well as a broad range of career development opportunities.
About C.H. Robinson
From the produce you buy, to the water you drink, C.H. Robinson delivers products to people all around the globe. We are one of the world’s largest 3rd party logistic providers. Join our diverse team to innovate, solve problems, have fun and thrive.