Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
The Catering Sales Manager is responsible for attainment of assigned catering/banquet goals tied to the overall performance of the hotel. The individual will be responsible for effectively soliciting and securing new accounts as well as servicing clients/groups where applicable. The Catering Sales Manager will work in conjunction with the General Manager and Director of Sales to achieve the hotel’s revenue and market share goals for the property. The focus of catering sales may vary based on the respective property the associate is assigned to (i.e. Social Corporate Business SMERF).
- Solicit, negotiate and book new and repeat business through efforts (outside sales calls, telemarketing, mailings, networking, etc.) while maximizing banquet space to meet/exceed revenue goals.
- Execute a territorial marketing strategy to capture the maximum amount of revenue and meet and ideally exceed sales goals.
- Plan, upsell and detail the meeting/function with the client including: space requirements, catering, AV equipment, menus, packages, themes/decorations, etc.
- Complete the contracts, prepare the appropriate paperwork, including banquet event orders, coordinate with the appropriate areas in the hotel and resolve any issues, complaints and problems to ensure a quality product delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Prepare status and period end reports.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of corporate and hotel procedures, products and competition, including their strengths and weaknesses, to continually improve sales strategies and achieve goals.
- Effectively attain assigned catering sales and revenue goals as well as solicitation call goals.
- Proactively conduct solicitation calls conduct sales tours and entertain clients specific to Social Corporate Business or SMERF as applicable by property.
- Grow existing relationships with assigned accounts specific to Leisure SMERF Business Travel (BT) and/or Groups as applicable by property.
- Monitor and evaluate trends within your market segment.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive friendly courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Adheres to brand and company catering/meeting standards and related catering sales metrics.
- Ensure that the Daily Event List Banquet Event Order/Guarantee Sheet and Ten Day Event Schedule are generated on a timely basis and ensure accuracy.
- Maintain strong visibility in local community and industry organizations as applicable.
- May assist in implementing and/or participating in special promotions relating to direct sales segments i.e. sales blitzes etc.
- Attend daily/weekly/monthly meetings and any other functions required by management.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the General Manager or Director of Sales.
- Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit as required by local or state government agency, and other certifications as required by franchise.
- · Long hours sometimes required, including nights, early morning, weekends and holidays
- · Ability to stand for long hours at a time.
- · Ability to move quickly about the property to various departments of the property.
- · Must work well in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- · Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- · Must be able to prioritize departmental functions to meet due dates and deadlines.
Medical, Vision, & Dental Insurance
Referral Bonus Eligible
ID: DHNC CM - 2021
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- One location