Product Owner II
Tuesday, July 6, 2021
AvidXchange is the industry leader in automating invoice and payment processes for mid-market businesses. Founded in the year 2000, AvidXchange processes over $140 billion transactions annually across its network of more than 600,000 suppliers, transforming the way 6,000 customers in North America pay their bills. AvidXchange is distinguished as a global fintech unicorn and one of the fastest growing technology companies in the U.S. with 1,400 employees supporting customers across seven office locations. Our employees live by our core values, including “Innovate to Change the Game”, “Passion about Customer Success”, “Win as a Team”, “Play to our Strengths”, and “Have a Blast”. We are on a mission to create something different at AvidXchange. Come join the team!
- Collaborate with development Scrum teams, technology service partners, and business units to ensure business requirements and expectations are clearly defined.
- Actively participate in Scrum ceremonies at team level and above – sprint planning, backlog grooming, daily stand-ups retrospectives and demos.
- Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work on
- Engage and work closely with Product Management and technology partners to plan and prioritize product feature backlog and development for the product, ensuring features, stories, and tasks are well understood.
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories; coaches and collaborates with the Scrum team and business sponsors to understand the need for clear and concise product backlog items.
- Utilizes and implements a variety of techniques for effective product backlog management and backlog health.
- Work closely with Product Management to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI
- Lead the planning product release plans and set expectation for delivery of new functionalities
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Manage and communicate customer value within a release cadence
- Contributes to training and education of stakeholders and customers in your subject matter areas through demos, creation of release notes, customer interactions, and other regular cadences within or outside of AvidXchange.
- Establish relationships with users and stakeholders to understand their business areas to assists with the development of product roadmaps and strategies that will add additional value to the organization.
- Conveys and executes the product roadmap and customer problems that AvidXchange is trying to solve for.
- Equivalent experience of 3-7 years prior relevant experience within product management, agile frameworks, and technology project management
- Certified Scrum Product Owner or equivalent required CSPO, SAFe PO/PM, PSPO
- Proven experience working in Agile development environment, preferably as a Product Owner
- Must be intellectually curious and able to analyze and synthesize data across multiple sources
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Detail-oriented with the ability to conduct deep analysis to build business cases and make data-driven decisions about priority and business value.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and relationship-building skills with the ability to communicate effectively with senior managers
- Proven ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment; must be able to leverage cross-functional teams to deliver results to meet specific deadlines and shift focus with changing priorities
- Ability and desire to think creatively to deliver business results
- Typically requires University degree or equivalent
- Previous experience and strong interest in financial services, payments, or B2B industry a plus.
AvidXchange is an equal opportunity employer. AvidXchange is committed to equal employment opportunity in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. AvidXchange will not discriminate against applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but is not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age and physical or mental disability.
- Job Family
- Job Function
Technical Product Management
- Pay Type
- Employment Indicator