Who we are:
Grand Valley Fortifiers, the principal of the GVF Group of Companies is a progressive and innovative leader in animal livestock nutrition. We manufacture and sell high quality, leading edge vitamin and mineral premixes and supplements for swine, dairy, beef and poultry producers.
In 1996, Farmers Farmacy was established within the GVF Group. Since then, Farmers Farmacy has grown to be a complete animal health and equipment supplier for livestock producers providing over two thousand quality animal health products at a competitive price with next day delivery, and product support.
Farmers Farmacy is growing nationally and looking to add an On-Farm Support & Product Specialist (On-Farm Sales Representative) to our team in Alberta. Farmers Farmacy recently acquired the dealer rights to the full line of MS Schippers products in Alberta and there is a huge opportunity to build that business. Farmers Farmacy’s goal is to help livestock producers run the most profitable farm they can, built upon the concepts of good farm hygiene, clean water, and preventative health, reducing the need for antibiotics in livestock. As an on-the-road specialist, you will grow and maintain the sales of Farmers Farmacy products in the region of South Alberta and Southwest Saskatchewan. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter with an entrepreneurial bent, and a likeable selling style. You will engage customers with a consultative approach, seeking to understand their business and their business goals, and then use the multitude of product and service solutions that Farmers Farmacy and the GVF Group of Companies have, to bring a customer focused solution. Ultimately, if you get excited about helping customers grow their farm businesses, then keep reading!
What you’ll do:
- Add new customers, grow current customers and give great product support.
- Help livestock producers run better farms and generate more profits, using Farmers Farmacy concepts and products and pulling in resources from GVF Group of Companies to help solve on-farm challenges the customer (livestock producer) is facing.
- Increase the number of dairy, beef, swine and poultry producers that have a working relationship with Farmers Farmacy and promote our concept of using hygiene, clean water and preventative health, to reduce the reliance on antibiotics in Canadian livestock. While many of our products assist with these concepts, there will be a focus on our MS Schippers products.
- Work closely with the Farmers Farmacy team including the Customer Support & Product Specialists (Inside Sales), fellow On-Farm Support & Product Specialists in other provinces, Customer Service, and other specialists.
- You will support and utilize the network of feed/nutrition representatives at Fortified Nutrition and Grand Valley Fortifiers, to generate leads with their customers. This may involve joint farm visits, technical product support, and attending some of the sales meetings held for those sales teams.
- Gain good working knowledge of all Farmers Farmacy and MS Schippers products and concepts. Early in your role, MS Schippers water care and cleaning concepts must be well understood and promoted daily.
- Keep abreast of new Farmers Farmacy and MS Schippers products and services.
- Promote the use of Service Plans with customers to provide them with leased equipment (free of charge) and the regular reordering of consumables to keep the equipment operating optimally for the operation of the farm.
- There is a technical component to this role. Not only will you be providing product demonstrations to customers, you will also be responsible for equipment installations for Digi-Doser pumps and Greenline sanitation systems. Oversight of the initial stages of floor coating installations by customers, will also be a requirement. Occasionally, a customer’s pump equipment will require servicing. You will be responsible for some level of diagnosis and often provide a quick fix by replacing parts. Other times, you will remove and replace the pump and return the non-working pump for refurbishment. Training will be provided. You do not need to be a plumber or an electrician to fulfill this role. However, a mechanical aptitude and an interest in how things work is an asset.
- You will plan your own schedule in an effort to grow and maintain sales in your area. A typical week might include two to three customer visits to check on equipment, three to four visits to demonstrate product, three to four customer check-ins, and three to four cold calls. In addition, you would spend time phoning other customers to schedule future visits. Your goal will be to visit all significant customers three to four times a year.
- You will travel to and participate in selling at trade shows throughout the year. This will be done in conjunction with other members of the Farmers Farmacy team.
- Use and maintain our CRM system to keep a central database of customers and prospects while gleaning and sharing customer information with colleagues.
- You will use your own vehicle for getting to customer appointments and you will maintain your vehicle in good working condition and with a professional looking appearance. The company may provide you with signage for your vehicle.
Experience we like:
- Experience in a similar sales and customer service role
- Background and experience in livestock farming
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Proven track record of overachieving quota
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Experience working with barn sanitation systems and water treatment products, and/or the ability to learn about these and other products very quickly.
- Experience working with a CRM system
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Valid Driver’s License with the ability to travel within your assigned region 5 days a week
Working with us:
This is a permanent full-time role that provides the flexibility to work remotely and travel. In addition to a competitive salary commensurate with experience, this role will also provide further earning potential through commissions. You will also be eligible to receive comprehensive benefits and RRSP matching.
Ours is a family business that cares about its employees and its community. We make sure that all our staff get what the best workers deserve: benefits, good wages and respect.
About the GVF Group of Companies: *
Founded in 1960, the GVF Group of Companies continues to expand its products, services and geographic reach through Grand Valley Fortifiers, Fortified Nutrition, Direct Source Commodities, Farmers Farmacy, Farmers Pharmacy Rx, True Foods & Kindred Farmers and Valley Feeds. The GVF Group continues to produce high quality, cutting edge macro premixes and services across Canada, the U.S and Internationally. Headquartered in Cambridge Ontario, we are a proud Canadian and family owned and operated company with an amazing team across the country. With 160 employees in our offices, manufacturing plants, and on hundreds of family farms daily, meeting with customers or delivering product, everyone is a key and integral part of our team.
All interested applicants are asked to apply with a copy of their resume. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only candidates considered for the position will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time