This position is responsible for increasing our positive impact on employees in manufacturing facilities by supporting brands and growing sales of Fair Trade Certified™ (FTC) Apparel and Home Goods. We are looking for an experienced and dynamic team member to work with FTUSA’s current brand partners and increase the number of businesses offering and promoting Fair Trade Certified™ products.
Day-to-day, that means you will be (a) managing ongoing relationships with top global brands; (b) educating companies about the importance of Fair Trade, and figuring out how to make Fair Trade work for their business; (c) working hand-in-hand with our dynamic supply chain, certification, and standards teams to ensure successful outcomes at FTC factories; and (d) work with our impact and marketing teams to help understand the impacts of the program and communicate these impacts to brand partners and their customers; (e) maintain and build the internal processes and systems that will help scale the Factory program to more brand and factory partners around the world.
- Account Management:
- Support existing FTUSA brand partners on all day to day business needs, helping them to achieve their Fair Trade expansion goals and promote their Fair Trade Certified offerings.
- Support the team in building systems and value-added services for our brands, to help them market, sell and educate consumers on the benefits of Fair Trade. This includes supporting development of business development materials, and collecting and communicating certification and impact information for these accounts.
- Partner Acquisition Support:
- Support Partnership Managers in managing large account opportunities, which includes preparing pitch materials (presentations and financials), maintaining factory profiles and sales information, and setting up meetings and calls.
- Process & System Optimization:
- Support specific initiatives being implemented and piloted across departments to ensure alignment with the needs and interests of our brand partners. Work with colleagues in these departments to identify areas for improvement and efficiency gains to ensure program effectiveness and longevity.
- Develop and implement processes to support more efficient and effective sales and onboarding.
- Serve as a consultant for brand implementation.
- Support implementation for any programmatic changes or expansions of the factory or cotton programs.
Skills, Experience, & Knowledge
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to move at the speed of business.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills - excellent at following up on leads and negotiation.
- Comfortable interacting with businesses, brands, and retailers.
- Comprehension of sustainable, economic, and social development programs and approaches.
- Excellent project management skills. Ability to manage multiple projects at one time and collaborate with your peers to achieve deliverables.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, growth mindset and takes initiative to problem-solve.
- Confident individual contributor but excels at collaboration and working as a team player with your peers, and external constituents to deliver the best results.
Education & Training
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience working with retailers and consumer brands in sales, account management, or consulting in the apparel, home goods, consumer products industry.
Technology & Software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency using Salesforce: building reports, dashboards, etc.
This position can work out of the Bay Area (Oakland) or Remote U.S.
Please submit both a resume and a cover letter.
We are a Proud Equal Opportunity Employer
The fair trade model is firmly rooted in themes of empowerment, advocacy, and disrupting oppressive dynamics, and as such, Fair Trade USA actively strives to embody the values of justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in our day-to-day work. As an employer, we have zero tolerance for discrimination or harassment of any type. We value and promote a work environment that is inclusive, diverse, and bound by the following principles:
- We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees.
- We proudly provide employees with a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment.
- All employment decisions at Fair Trade are based on the needs of our organization, the requirements of the job, and individual qualifications - period.
- We prohibit work-related actions, policies, and decisions based on race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other protected status, and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
- We believe that a healthy and holistic work community is comprised of people of all ages, and therefore we welcome individuals of all stages in life to apply for our job openings.
Please be sure to add [email protected] to your contact list to ensure delivery of all correspondence from us.