HSBC is following Canadian government guidelines to stop the spread of COVID-19. We are keeping our customers, employees and job applicants safe through enhanced safety protocols undertaken at our branches, remote working where possible, and video / telephone interviewing.
Opening up a world of opportunity.
We're a financial services organization serving more than 40 million customers across the globe through our Wealth & Personal Banking, Commercial Banking and Global Banking & Markets businesses.
We’re here to use our unique expertise, capabilities, breadth and perspectives to open up a world of new opportunities for our customers, our people and our communities.
Wealth and Personal Banking
We help clients to manage, protect and grow their wealth. We offer a range of services from personal banking, mortgages and loans to investment, savings and wealth management products. Our international network and breadth of expertise enables us to support individuals, families, business owners, investors and entrepreneurs around the world.
About the role
Our Wealth Management teams provide a range of services to HSBC customers, supporting key life events such as saving for university fees, buying a new home or planning for retirement, while protecting their family and interests for every eventuality.
In this role you will be a trusted adviser to our new and existing customers, providing a tailored approach and holistic financial advice, while working collaboratively with team members to support their entire life journey.
As a Premier Relationship Manager, you will have dedicated and continued support from a Premier Relationship Officer who will aide you with proactive client contact, dealing with client banking queries, support back office processing and work alongside branch colleagues to grow new client opportunities.
- Deliver a consistent and tailored wealth management and financial planning service to a portfolio of HSBC Premier clients
- Advise on a full range of products and services that include both HSBC products and those provided by external partners
- Have access to a wide range of product specialists to help and support you, which include pensions, legacy tax planning, protection and investments
- Build and maintain strong relationships with both new and existing clients
- Comply with regulations and procedures that govern our business and products
- Act as a Brand Ambassador for HSBC Bank Canada, delivering exceptional customer experiences by building and maintaining strong relationships with new and existing customers
- Have a genuine interest in customers, helping them reach their financial ambitions
- Minimum of three years proven and progressive financial services and/or retail sales experience or equivalent
- Fluency in English, French and Cantonese OR Mandarin is a requirement
- Sound knowledge of financial and investment products and services, and the client relationship management system
- Evidence of strong sales results
- Relationship management experience, aligned to a client portfolio
- Strong technical skills in wealth management
- Effective communicator, client focus and influencing skills
- Understanding of business banking and products and services
- Have a passion for continuously delivering superior customer experience
- Ability to safeguard the bank by holding difficult conversations with your customers on subjects like Anti-Money Laundering, sanctions, complaint handling, and estate planning
- Mutual Fund Licensing. Completed or willing to obtain with HSBC support:
- Investment Funds in Canada Course; Canadian Investment Funds Course; or Canadian Securities Course; and Mutual Fund Skills Builders Course
- Personal Financial Planning Designation (PFP); For Quebec only, Institute of Canadian Broker certificate of achievement – Advanced Personal Finance.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Disability related accommodations during the interview process are available upon request - please reach out to Canada Careers at [email protected] . Support and accommodations are also made available for employees with disabilities at HSBC.