Company DescriptionUvaro helps people realize their true potential. We blend training, technology, and work experience into a single career accelerator for sales.
We started Uvaro because the old approach to tech hiring is broken. The fastest-growing segment of our economy needs 250,000 new sales professionals, and our colleges and universities aren’t training them. Worse yet, established interview practices and company cultures put up barriers. At Uvaro, we’ve created a better way to grow careers in tech, and we’re looking for an experienced Course Instructor to join the team.
Highly talented and motivated individuals are seeking opportunities to enter the tech industry and establish or grow their sales careers, but there has not been a path for them to break into this dynamic and fast-growing field. Uvaro is responding to this need, helping businesses become more successful, and transforming individual’s lives. Uvaro’s Course Instructors are at the front-line of delivering that success and change.
That’s where you come in! If you are looking to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment focused on the leading edge of education and technology, then we should talk. Course Instructors deliver Tech Sales programming in online, one-to-many, live, classroom settings, to customers around the world. They work closely with Career Instructors and across the Uvaro team and network to provide holistic industry skills development and career support.
Through program delivery, guest instructor coordination, live role-playing, personal brand amplification, and live sales coaching, Course Instructors help customers stand out as Top Talent in the highly competitive Tech Sales industry. Course Instructors work collaboratively on Uvaro’s Customer Excellence team to set up our customers for success through the 12 week tech sales course, and then launch careers and play active roles as part of Uvaro’s Graduate community. Course Instructors work with customers in group and, from time-to-time, individual settings, to discuss career goals and will collaborate with Career Instructors to assist with coaching on hiring techniques based on industry experience.
If you are a creative problem-solver, who thrives in a fast-paced environment, and are ready to make a huge impact in a growing company, we would love to hear from you!
Don’t worry if you don’t have all the qualifications listed below - we are particularly interested in someone who adapts quickly to change and learns quickly. If you don’t meet some of the criteria below but think you’re up for the challenge, please still reach out - we’d love to talk to you!
In this role you will:
- Present course material live, in-class, 5 days/week, and facilitate group discussions to help develop understanding of material
- Review and adapt course material prior to class, and fold in new lessons to meet the unique needs of Uvaro’s customer cohorts
- Homework management (deliver instruction for course assignments, collect course assignments, track submissions, evaluate submissions, and provide feedback in a timely manner)
- Manage customer expectations and maintain record of customer activity as it relates to course requirements and class performance in CRM tool(s).
- Manage customer performance and address performance challenges proactively for customers who are not meeting Uvaro’s standards for program engagement
- Leverage Uvaro’s, and your own network to coordinate Guest Speakers/Instructors in class as industry experts, to speak to novel concepts, and to address identified knowledge gaps in customer population
- Amplify customers’ success at every opportunity by supporting their personal brand development and growth efforts on online platforms and in online communities
- While delivering the program, meet regularly with the Customer Excellence team to evaluate and adapt to customer needs
- Engage in regular communication with customers (via Slack, email, Zoom, phone) outside of set class time to provide best-in-class customer support
- Act as a key contributor to Slack community and Uvaro Graduate Network
- Engage with network at industry and community events to build personal and Uvaro brand
What we are looking for:
- Recent experience working as a B2B SaaS Sales Professional is required (3+ years preferred)
- Professional history as an adult learning instructor or teacher is an asset (2+ years preferred)
- A history of conducting group presentations and facilitating group discussion in remote and online environments
- Passionate about the Sales Industry
- Exceptionally team-oriented
- Enthusiastic, has endurance, is consistently an energy giver in group settings
- An articulate and clear communicator
- A strong group facilitator and presenter
- A compassionate and empathetic teacher, with knowledge of and/or experienced in adult learning theory and instruction
- Driven to help others develop new skills and transform their lives as a result
- Highly adaptable and resilient working in a highly variable environment
- Professional with an eye for detail and quality (communication consistency, presentation material)
- A relationship builder whose network never seems to stop growing
- Competent at helping others set goals
- Capable of holding people accountable to their commitments and having expectation-levelling and class performance-related conversations
- Self-disciplined, positive, and maintains a growth mindset
- Highly organized and punctual
- Technically adept with standard business tools (ex. CRM, Slack, video communication tools, GSuite, Microsoft Office)
- Experience coaching other professionals in a formal capacity is a bonus
- Remote work experience is a bonus
- Start-up experience is a bonus
- Technical competence with business tools (CRM, GSuite, Slack, MicrosoftOffice, video communication tools)
What We’re Offering:
- A remote-first work environment, and the opportunity to work with a close-knit, international team
- The opportunity to get in early at a promising start-up in the emerging field of tech-enabled education
- A dedicated team with a values-driven culture, with a proven history of investing in individual growth and career development.
- An unprecedented opportunity to grow your network by placing employees at virtually every high-growth tech company in North America
If this opportunity excites you, and you believe you’re the right fit, we want to hear from you!
At Uvaro, we understand the value of having a diverse and inclusive team. That’s why we believe in providing equal opportunity regardless of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, and conviction. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.